eschatography

Greetings...

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. :cheers:

New to the WS, but not-so-new to absinthe. I've been an absintheur for more than a decade now, first sampling someone's soaked mush about 14 years ago. *blech!*

Since then, I've tasted a range of faeries, from the mediocre to the divine. The most divine to my taste right now is, without a doubt, Nouvelle-Orléans from Jade.

Recently, I've moved from the wilds of Yellowstone to the glass canyons of Chicago. My lady and I would love to attend, or host, absinthe get togethers in this area. I suppose, other than just learning more about our beloved subject at hand, that would be my reason in seeking out this forum.

Anyhoo, that's it for my mode of introduction.

It's great to be here. Oh, yeah. Hiram -- after a year of thinking about it and procrastinating, it was the No Flame image which finally lured me in. After laughing into tears at that, I figured I had to register here. :D

My wife and I spend a lot of time in Jackson Hole. No shortage of beautiful women there. Chi town must be a shock to the system after 13 years in wonderland.

A beautiful woman pretty much trumps anything (providing she is kind as well).

Indeed! :)

My wife and I spend a lot of time in Jackson Hole. No shortage of beautiful women there. Chi town must be a shock to the system after 13 years in wonderland.

Not as much as I would have thought. A year before moving out here, I wandered a number of cities in Eastern Europe for a few months. I think that gave me a taste for concrete after so many years of limestone and obsidian.

Jackson's in an incredible region. The Tetons are the finest mountain range in the States.

Who's not a fan of tetons? Especially grand ones.

There is something to be said for concrete. Pensieve and I got married at the top of the Empire State Building in NYC!

Impressive list of interests in your profile.

Hedningarna? "Trä" is probably my desert island record, if I absolutely have to name one.

Sarajevo? Would love to see that city. Went to Mostar some years ago, because I just had to see the bridge while it wasn't there.

Lokí? One of the most fascinating guys ever to come out of any mythology.

I could go on, but welcome.