id Wizard

Absinthe Posters for sale

I have a few absinthe posters left from our absinthe event held at AvantGarden here in Houston last December.

They are a special edition with a decorative border and a commemorative line from the event.

The posters can be seen at http://www.dhevia.com/posters/ .

They're for sale for $35/ea. That includes shipping to the lower 48 states. We'll figure out the appropriate shipping for International buyers depending on where you are.

Message me if you're interested.

Thanks,

Damian

I must not have been paying attention when you joined us here good sir. Your photos have been an absolute inspiration to me. The "through the window" picture in particular sparked my imagination a few years back.

These posters look very handsom. I shall have to see if it's in the budget... :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear you appreciate the window shot, "L'Heure". I enjoyed working on these images. It was the first time in about 20 years I had the opportunity to involve my self in persuing an idea until it got where I liked it. As a "commercial" photogrpaher, one is often put into a situation to hurry through the process.

I had just begun learning about absinthe at the time and I was very motivated to jump into this project.

Although my progress has been slow, it is an ongoing series and am currently working on several new images to add.

The addition of the decorative borders was a nice touch designed by a good friend.

Thanks again,

Id

I am so glad to know you guys are appreciating that shot. The Louche #1 has always been a slam dunk with Clarity a close second. But I've always felt L'Heure was under appreciated.

I had just seen the movie, The Girl with the Pearl Earring and was impressed by the lighting which was clearly emulating Vermeer's light in his paintings. So I set out to get that quality inside the room.

The windows just added a voyeuristic element. I liked the idea of peeking into a window and seeing the absinthe like you might have seen back then as you walked down a street in Paris.

If you saw the quality in the posters and the fine art prints that Oxy sells, I think you'd be even more impressed. The web just can't do justice unfortunately.

The absinthiana in the shots were lent to me by Jay Hendrickson and the unlabeled bottle of absinthe in the shots is one of Ted's early Suisse Verte that had no label.

I still have that bottle stowed somewhere. I ought to break that out.

Thanks for the note,

id

Edited by id Wizard

I'm totally digging that poster...I'd buy one now if I had any coin to spare, but I just dropped about 2000 bones on a new computer and software. (The old one had a catastrophic hardware failure, so I'd no choice but to bite the bullet and replace everything.)

Louche #1 is fantastic of course, and I just realized what you did for Clarity. Awesome idea. I hadn't seen that one before and I just assumed you you had done some sort of photoshop thing to it, but the reality is so much more interesting.

Good eye!

Yes, that's an important point about all these shots. None of these are the result of being "photoshopped".

I don't have anything against Photoshop and use it for a lot of my work. But whenever possible, I like to work old school.

It's how I came up and it's a big part of the challenge. I spent about three days on each of these.

Clarity in particular was a challenge because I had the camera position, the bowl and the location of the elements on the table and getting those to jive the way the way I wanted was like herding cats.

I like the "Funhouse" effect.

Yes, these are, "in camera shots".

I'm working on one now that I may have to resort to digital composition because of some real danger if I try to shoot it for real. Somebody could get hurt and/or arrested.

id