Sign in to follow this  
Auguru

Reason Magazine article on absinthe

The August/September issue of the online version of Reason magazine has an article remarking on the current state of affairs re: absinthe. More a concise review of Jad Adams "Hideous Absinthe" than anything else, it does comment on the recent legalization of absinthe production/sale in Switzerland. And points out the obvious flaws in the marketing (and quality) of most Czech absinth.

Nicely done.

Reason Magazine "The Search for Real Absinthe"

I suppose I should be flattered to see so many of my words quoted out of context. I have to revisit the Fee Verte FAQ. Did I really imply that thujone has no effect at all? Of course what I meant was, whatever thujone is in absinthe can't possibly lend a high to a human being who drinks that absinthe.

I sent the author an e-mail at the time the article was published explaining that there were many Americans who wanted to see US and EU regulations harmonized so that those who choose to do so could enjoy their favorite spirit in full compliance with the law. I also suggested that perhaps companies that advertise in High Times are not the best source of information about absinthe and absinthe drinkers.

I also suggested that perhaps companies that advertise in High Times are not the best source of information about absinthe and absinthe drinkers.

You'd think that would be a no-brainer, wouldn't you? :huh:

Thanks for pointing them in a better direction!