kaseijin

Austin, TX roll call?

Just curious... who all is in the Austin, Texas area or within a reasonable drive? I know a few, but was wondering if anybody else might be lurking about?

North-ish for me. Near the intersection of Burnet and Anderson.

So. Eric and I have been talking (as you can see above!), and decided that there should be a mass-ATX-get-together-thingamabob. When works for everybody? I'm free for some sort of soiree most weekends, though every other weekend (starting with this upcoming) is preferable.

Would also like to make it easy for folks like Bill to make the drive if they want to.

Edited by kaseijin

I am mostly flexible but I do have a couple of out of town weekend gigs coming up in the next few weeks.

Feb 27 in San Angelo, Mar 7 in Dallas. Otherwise I am free.

Looking forward to seeing you Guys.

Edited by eric

I'd be game for having another one at my house, last one was good times! I've got some new speakers(http://www.usheraudiousa.com/products/loudspeakers/dancer-series/be-20) for you to check out too Eric, they're beauties. We would have to plan quite a bit in advance as I have several weekends tied up over the next month or two, but, this would allow plenty of warning for out of towners so they could plan for the trip though.

John

Weekends work for me. I plan on showing up with my own glass and spoon (even though I almost never use sugar). Does that make me a dork?

Advanced notice will most certainly improve both the amount and types of absinthe I will bring my friends.

Also, I only travel by horse and carriage and I pretty much wear the same sack suit from the 1870's every day.

:euro:

Ok, the weekend of March 12th is out for me, as I will be at SXSW interactive, the weekend before is probably too soon. The weekend after...might work. Beyond that is essentially completely open on my books. I think that the weekend of April 9th, I will be in Dallas...so that's probably out.

Looks like the weekend of April 2nd looks good for me. Anybody else?

Actually... March 12th weekend may work. Most of the SXSW conferences are during the day, leaving my evenings blissfully free for grilling and louching.

Baubel - what works for you? Would love to include you, too...

Does everybody have a Google account? We could try and set something up on Google Calendar, or something.

I plan on showing up with my own glass and spoon (even though I almost never use sugar). Does that make me a dork?

Yes it does.

I think you will fit in perfectly.

Weekends are preferable. Chances are I'll only be available in mid-March, so beware!

Don't wait up for me, the scheduling probably won't work, but we'll see.

How does the 12th work for everybody? Or the 13th, if Saturday would be better?

I have SXSW conferences during the daytime but, as mentioned, my evening is free.

Does anybody have a problem with the 13th then? Does that work for you, 1sub? Say.... March 13, 7:30 PM until we pass out in an abject lack of sobriety?

I want to come down and play but my Precious has reminded me we have to be in Illinois that weekend. You locals have fun though and someone give Eric a hug for me. ;)

I know you folks will have a grand time.

:cheers:

Hmm, not sure if the 12/13th will work for me, my wife's Birthday is the 9th. Of course what better reason for her to get snot slinging drunk!?! :cheers: This weekend(Feb 27th) we're hosting a H.S. reunion type deal at our house and it appears it's going to be "a little" bigger than we thought, so, she may be partied out for a few weeks. Let me see how she feels about the 13th.