Sign in to follow this  
gfpoet

European vs. US

I've been away for awhile.

I haven't kept up on the absinthes available in the US.

I still have some Belle Ami and an unopened bottle of Jade Edouard from Sept. 2006.

Can anyone suggest an absinthe available in the US?

And do you feel the absinthes available in the US are better/worse than the European like the Jade line?

gfpoet

I'd heartily recommend Pacifique, both Delaware Phoenix absinthes (Meadow of Love and Walton Waters), Marteau, and Leopold's.

I find these to be at least on a par with the best of the European offering, if not superior to them.

Ditto the laughing clown. US absinthes are just as good as European, some being remarkably better than most European offerings. Having said that, I have a bunch of favorite Euro absinthes as well. But Absomphe's suggestions will get you rolling!

Ditto the laughing clown. US absinthes are just as good as European, some being remarkably better than most European offerings. Having said that, I have a bunch of favorite Euro absinthes as well. But Absomphe's suggestions will get you rolling!

I'm sure that bottle of Eddy from Sept. 2006 is expired by now- Please send it over and I can have it disposed of properly :thumbup: