absinthe_film

Absinthe Documentary

Greetings,

We have recently completed a feature length film on absinthe, filmed throughout France, Switzerland and the United States. Included are the world's foremost authors, historians and makers of absinthe, along with original music by Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth, Sun City Girls, and Squeak E Clean from NASA.

This project has been a labor of love for many years and we are excited to present our film to the absinthe community.

Featured in the film:

Barnaby Conrad, III

Marie-Claude Delahaye

T.A. Breaux

Benoit Noel

Pierre-Andre Delachaux

François Guy

David Nathan-Maister

Jared Gurfein

Claude-Alain Bugnon

...among many other distillers, authors, and

absinthe fanatics who are under the spell of the Green Fairy.

"Absinthe" has been picked up for distribution by Cinetic Media and should be available via Video on Demand and DVD later this year.

Follow our progress on Facebook under ABSINTHE movie

and at

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1590802/

Regards.

Thanks. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself and why you chose to make the documentary?

I'm sure we'll all be even more interested in checking it out when we get to know you a little bit more. :wave2:

I'm looking forward to checking it out. I didn't see his name mentioned specifically, but am hoping that Gwydion is among those included in the film.

I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't believe it was currently possible to make any absinthe-related media without Paul Nathan jumping into the frame and screaming, "Look at me! Look at me! I'm a whoooooorrreeee!" I wonder how many voicemails he left for the filmmakers demanding his participation.

To save themselves the trouble of fighting Paul off several times a day, the filmmakers called him in for a shoot where they let him fly with any and all misinformation he was sponsored to expel, but they took the simple precaution of not turning the camera on.

Too bad. If they had filmed it they could have shown it with "Yakety Sax" playing in the background during the credits.

I was about to add, "Or the Benny Hill them," until I realized they were one and the same.

I'm curious about the distillers you spoke with... sounds like a fun project.

Good luck with the release.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing it. I'm not in it. Just a statement of fact, this is the first I've ever heard of this project and I hope it goes well. The more factual info that goes out there and the wider it's disseminated, the better.

...among many other distillers, authors, and

absinthe fanatics who are under the spell of the Green Fairy.

To be fair, he never really said there was no Paul Nathan... :devil:

That said, I like the soundtrack list. I look forward to seeing this!

Sounds interesting. :)

They might have used found surveillance-cam footage, or filmed you without your knowledge.

"...and there's the ever-elusive Mr Stone in his natural environment, oh! I think he's spotted us."

No Guy-in-the-White-Hat.

No Dakini.

Which US Distillers? That just leaves:

Zman

Rob

The Sirène Team

Todd

St. George dude

I don't want to seem cynical but does anyone else see any red flags?

Maybe they talked to Mark from Ed3.

Can't wait to see it! Oh, and

Too bad. If they had filmed it they could have shown it with "Yakety Sax" playing in the background during the credits.

:laf:

As far as leaving out the US distillers, if that is true maybe someone can make that documentary too.

Edited by ubu

I don't want to seem cynical but does anyone else see any red flags?

While I remain hopeful that this is a good and accurate documentary on absinthe, I am concerned that none of us (not referring to myself but those on WS with the actual credentials to warrant inclusion or consultation) knew about this film prior to the announcement yesterday. Of course, I am not saying that it is impossible to make a proper documentary on absinthe without including all of the "who's who" of US absinthe, but I am skeptical at this point.

Skepticism reigns supreme as we all wonder what’ll come across the silver screen , er, T.V. screen :)

That rhymed a bit, didn’t it? ;)

You're a poet and you didn't know it.

Actually, you did, but it rhymes better the other way...

I suspect it's mostly the history of absinthe in Europe. Nothing wrong with that, but that does leave out what is happening now here in the US. Not only in absinthe but in distilled spirits in general, there's amazing possibilities here in the US in spite of all the obstacles.

Cheers to all!