scanman0

Crazy Sites until I found this forum!

I'm a newbie.

I never knew what this whole scene was about, when I watched the HBO series Carnival.

After watching the "blind" actor, mix a drink....I'm sure you know the scene there :)

I was thinking...hmm...what is this all about? I was interested....

I then had an older friend tell me what the name of the drink was. Still verbal, and I was not spelling it correctly enough for google. I did get close enough to eventually find my way here after 4 hours of punishing sites like:

www.greendevil.com

www.emeraldabsinthe.com

It seems that Google will bring up the worst sites first. I have never tasted absinthes yet! I do plan on purchasing the purest and enjoying it in the most traditional way. Thanks to the last 4 hours reading your FAQ's and forums, I am almost ready to import a good bottle, for flavour sake. Thanks for all the great info.

P.S.

I never fell victim to the crap about the 'buzz' of some sites, even before I came here and read the TRUTH. If this drink was a narcodic, it would be a huge problem. It is almost like trying to get fresh squeezed juice from a tree that is not present on the conenent you live on.....It's avail, but cost prohibitive.

I'll buy a bottle, just to taste the forbidden fruit :)

Robert.

Welcome Robert,

If you’re ever in Atlanta lets have a drink.

Oscar,

Actually, I live in Buckhead. Right at Piedmont & I-85. I would enjoy meeting up with you and tasting this drink for the first time :)

I am in the heart of Atlanta.

Perhaps we can meet at some place other than the bar scene, as I am not a loud music, player type of scene person...I'm more into Home Theatre...Lets Chat.

Robert

Welcome Robert/scanman0 (which do you prefer?) from another Atlantan (well, suburban Atlantan, anyway)! I was likewise inspired by Carnivale. A terrific series. Too bad HBO decided against a third season...

At this rate, we'll have an Atlanta "scene" in no time.

Didn't you know about that 'Save Carnivale' site that's sending one tarot card per person to the studios every day? But yeah, it is too bad that it was cancelled

Anyways, welcome aboard!

It sounds like we have us the makings of an East Coast Mini Fest.

I PM'd you Robert.

I'm on the East Coast,

so you all visitin' me!

Yes and we are drinking all your absinthe and sleeping on your couch. Oh yes and eating all your food.

Welcome! You live very close to my cousin. He has a nice home theater..Hmmm is that you? East coast representin'! :cheers:

Ok,

I finally recived two bottles of "Jade" in the mail.

I slowly prepared and tasted the first drink, with all the traditions that I read here...spoon, iced water, Sugar cubes, and all that good stuff...(FLAMING FIRE...No !! No Flames...Sick Joke)

I enjoyed the first drink, as it did have a very distinct flavour, I truly enjoyed this

"Verte Suisse" as it was presented. I then prepared my second drink of the same bottle, and prepared it with Perrier water to naturally "Carbonate" things up.

I didn't need the sugar cubes, and enjoyed the full flavour WITHOUT the sugar!

I guess I'm not going to make it in the social front, with the view that It tastes better with Perrier, and NO sweetener.

So be it!

I have strange taste buds, and I'm honest about them :)

Robert

How people feel about you socially isn't all about how you take your absinthe. Everybody has individual quirks about what they like.

You're judged socially by how you feel about Jerry Lewis.

I then prepared my second drink of the same bottle, and prepared it with Perrier water to naturally "Carbonate" things up.

I didn't need the sugar cubes, and enjoyed the full flavour WITHOUT the sugar!

(...)

I have strange taste buds, and I'm honest about them :)

Not stranger than this lady.

picasso65.jpg

Hi everyone....another newbie here

scanmano...........in my initial online inquiries about absinthe, I also got the green-devil sight and a bunch of high-thujone Czech sites, only I didn't find this site (and La Fee Verte) till it was too late, now I got a bottle of murky G.D. swill (it's like it already louched in the bottle) and the Czech absinth party pack, complete with King of Spirits, I haven't tried any of it yet, I'll save that for a special occassion I guess. Fortunately, I found La Fee Verte in time and got some better stuff.............my first absinthe was La Fee (like many people it seems) which I enjoyed, I've also got some clandestine, which I recognized as going down much smoother (though I won't claim to know what I'm talking about yet when it comes to differences in taste), got some Mari Mayans and Un Emile on the way, ........but anyway you're right, someone new to absinthe like myself can easily go to some crazy sites, unfortunately I have my swill and Czech party pack to remind me, but I would just like to thank everyone here and at La Fee Verte for setting me straight, well, straighter anyway, I know many don't like La Fee....but I don't know...it left me wanting to try some more.............thanks everyone.

I feel lucky that when I went on the journey to find out more about absinthe, the Wormwood Society site is the first one I clicked into ... and what a find it is!

Welcome! I can't wait to try absinthe myself for the first time ... :)

Well, I didn't buy any of the swell that came out of chec. Although the women I met when I vacationed in europe (Sothern Poland, Border town) They certainly made the trip worth while. I liked the "natural" part of it...The socks were wool and scrachy, the cheese, was a funky local type, Kinda like Munstur, and the Bacon was thick and local. The egg yolks could stand up and dance......The sausage was Unreal....

Ummm...European vacation...10 years ago......I stayed at a vacation farm house that cost $12 US a day, and I left a $2 US tip on the breakfast table, and found it on the pillow the next day...as "excessive" tip. Good thing I was with a Polish friend from the country!