Jack Griffin

Hi everyone Long Island NY

Scott here, a luthier (guitarmaker) from Huntington, LI, NY.

New to absinthe, but have gotten into it correctly and completely as I tend to with everything I do...

(Most luthiers are a bit crazy that way). I have the correct glasses and spoons, and a fountain on the way

(up to now I rigged up a glass funnel with a very slow flow for the water)

I've only had 2 absinthes so far...the first was a bottle of Grande Absente (God help me). Aside from having my nose bitten off by it, noticing its "Mountain Dew" like fake color, and thinking it very sweet, it did

pique my curiosity about what it was TRYING to claim to be. I ordered a bottle of Pacifique from Drink Up NY (which arrived within 2 days) and had a glass last night prior to joining your society. Aha...this is why you guys are here! What a difference...subtle, complex, tasty, aromatic, no overpowering alcohol bite, and a pleasing, mild, happy buzz that flittered away within half an hour or so with no feeling that I'd had a strong drink. It was also not neon green, and the louche formed more quickly and evenly. I think I stumbled onto a great absinthe for my 2nd attempt, thanks in part to your reviews.....

Nice to be here, all the best!

Nice intro Scott. I've never played a guitar. I've seen it done but I'm not sure my hands work that way.

The Pacifique is a very good absinthe. There are several domestic absinthes around. Stick around and let the wallet thinning begin.

Cheers!

I think I stumbled onto a great absinthe for my 2nd attempt, thanks in part to your reviews.....

You did indeed!

Welcome! :cheers:

Welcome, Scott! :cheers:

Great choice for your second absinthe. I think many of us here can say our first bottle was nothing to call home about. Mine was Tabu. Ugh.

Welcome Scott. :cheers:

I can relate to the luthier's mentality: I used to make folk harps, along with the occasional dulcimer and psaltery.

Aha...this is why you guys are here!

Yep. Thanks for noticing. ;)

Welcome to the forum Scott. :cheers:

Checked out your site and those are some interesting looking guitars. Were you at the Montreal guitar show last year or the year before? I somewhat remember looking at a 9 string acoustic. I looked at so many guitars there though, my memory is a bit fuzzy.