hdtv00

Ever had problems ordering from Oxy?

No, he didn't pay.

That is truly classless. I guess it just proves what we believed all along. At least people have his number now.

Honor, and Character — those words reverently dictate what you want to be, what you can be, what you will be. They are your rallying point to build courage when courage seems to fail, to regain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, to create hope when hope becomes forlorn.

They make you strong enough to know when you are weak, and brave enough to face yourself when you are afraid.

They teach you to be proud and unbending in honest failure, but humble and gentle in success; not to substitute words for action; not to seek the path of comfort, but to face the stress and spur of difficulty and challenge; to learn to stand up in the storm, but to have compassion on those who fall; to master yourself before you seek to master others; to have a heart that is clean, a goal that is high; to learn to laugh, to reach into the future, yet never neglect the past; to be serious, yet never take yourself too seriously; to be modest so that you will remember the simplicity of true greatness; the open mind of true wisdom, the meekness of true strength.

They give you a temperate will, a quality of imagination, a vigor of the emotions, a freshness of the deep springs of life, a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity, an appetite for adventure over love of ease. They create in your heart the sense of wonder, the unfailing hope of what next, and the joy and inspiration of life.

Character and Honor..at what price would you sacrifice those qualities....

Honor, and Character — those words reverently dictate what you want to be, what you can be, what you will be.

Presenting this as your own work makes me want to :puke:

See this.

I ask you.

Character and Honor..at what price would you sacrifice those qualities.... ?

I read it as reference to the general idea of being a good human being, not just the general's idea. Is it any less true because oglala posted it? Sometimes the content matters more than the source.

1. I read it as reference to the general idea of being a good human being, not just the general's idea. 2. Is it any less true because oglala posted it? 3. Sometimes the content matters more than the source.

1. I like that kind of altruism. 2. Not at all. 3. Sometimes it does.

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

So said Albert Einstein.

Whoops, I shouldn't have told you that, should I? :devil:

Honor, and Character — those words reverently dictate what you want to be, what you can be, what you will be.

Presenting this as your own work makes me want to :puke:

See this.

I ask you.

Character and Honor..at what price would you sacrifice those qualities.... ?

For what it's worth, I didn't take it that oglala56 was presenting the speech as his own work...it looked like a quotation to me from the outset, and I remember thinking I should probably know who it was (but I was too lazy to Google it).

I post lots of quotations here without bothering with citations, on the assumption that most readers to the forum will recognize them and thus they need no introduction...perhaps we should give the benefit of the doubt in this instance?

Can we have :wheelchair: + :twitchsmile: + :cheerz: = :absomphe: now, at least? Something good has to be made of this thread.

The evil clown says, "Who you callin' "good"? :blowup: :laugh:

I'm going to put this thread to bed now, not because of any particular recent content, but because we really don't need to have it popping up constantly.

The outcome was especially ironic, though.