hdtv00

Ever had problems ordering from Oxy?

Pay the man and move on.

This is one thing I agree with.

I've waited months for some things. I hope I didn't come here asking questions that would have been better answered by the seller. If I did, it was quite awhile back, like when I was a n00b.

I think this thread is ready for the cornfield.

Or better yet deleted so future D-bags don't try to get freebies by crying.

Though I never did get that bottle of Ridge I ordered back in September..

:devil:

Wow seemed things went from semi-bad to pretty worse while I was in class!

I hope it’s all settled. I’ll stay out of it, but I will caveat with this, and it is not to hd or anyone in particular, just to the collective:

This place is full of AMAZING and wonderful folks, who are more than accommodating. Everything is read; and this being the case trying to be as tactful and clear as possible in the written word prevents mole hills from becoming mountains. WS’ers roam in packs, but they don’t bite unless provoked, prodded and then kicked a ‘lil.

I hope the PB is a good experience for you, and I hope everything get cleared up between the parties envolved.

I never did get that bottle of Ridge I ordered back in September.. :devil:

It's coming. Maybe at the govt.'s own pace but it is coming. Personally, I'd love to pour you your very first glass. :cheers:

You all talk about everything under the sun, bust balls all the time.

Granted, as absinthe fora go, this is a tough place.

I never did get that bottle of Ridge I ordered back in September.. :devil:

It's coming. Maybe at the govt.'s own pace but it is coming. Personally, I'd love to pour you your very first glass. :cheers:

Remember while everyone' on their way to Tales I'm flying out to T's....

what a fuckin' douchenozzle. Are you sure this is your 40th? You act like a 16-year-girl who got a brand new car for her birthday and then throws a tantrum cuz it's the wrong color.

Ouch!

This is some of saddest crap I've read here in... well, weeks. Especially after reading the nearly identically-toned rant at FV about the faded verte a year ago.

You all talk about everything under the sun, bust balls all the time.

Granted, as absinthe fora go, this is a tough place.

Yeah, we're some rough customers.

Yeah, we're some rough customers.

You, sir, are a thoroughgoing scalywag. I will not have the good name of the WS dragged through the mud in such fashion. Prepare to defend yourself: tiddley-winks at dawn! :pirate:

So did h1n1 pay his preban sample at the end?

4 weeks is nothing when shipping between Europe and the US is concerned, I've seen 4-5-6-7 weeks on many occasions, and none of my parcels ever got lost or stolen, none, 0.

Another X-factor here is US Customs- I had my booze sitting in NY for about 7 business days with them. Uncontrollable stuff can happen.

Non even factoring in International Mail- I had a piece of mail take 15 days from Downtown Chicago to the Northside of Chicago once.

So did h1n1 pay his preban sample at the end?

From what I've been following, here's the recap:

He paid LDF

LDF shipped Jade

He complained about color and label

LDF sent him a Ted-signed bottle for free

He complained free bottle took too long to arrive

He did not say thanks

He paid David

David shipped preban

He complained about delay

David refunded fully

He received refund

He received preban

He did not say thanks

And if my intuition is correct, he enjoyed his preban sample in time for his 40th birthday, free of charge and courtesy of David. Maybe followed by a glass of signature Verte Suisse.

Unless I've missed something.

It's funny you act like I'm the only one that complained when in fact all I did was post in a what 5 page long thread on the topic. I figured instead of listening to you all speculate why it was so off in color I'd just email and ask. Which is what I did. And also they were thanked, several times. I just didn't do it in this thread as it didn't really concern you.

Again for the 20th time. He said if it hadn't come at the end of last week to contact him. I did, waited 5 days with no reply. Since I knew all of you had probably done it before I asked in here. Was I bummed out it was looking like it wasn't gonna arrive in time, yea. But frankly all that was required was the simple replies of yea it can take that long don't worry. Not an overreaction of full refund for no real reason. I never once thought I'd be ripped off. I just wanted to know when it might get here. I was used to LDF's 5 day shipping to me I guess and just assumed that's how long it might take. I figured even with whatever weather 2 weeks maybe, 3 tops.

But I'll contact any seller 30 days later wondering where stuff is, especially when that's what they tell me to do. As for the rest of it don't really care what you think, I just wanted your opinions on shipping times.

Edited by hdtv00

And also they were thanked, several times. I just didn't do it in this thread as it didn't really concern you.

Good, I'm glad you acknowledged their generosity.

However, expressing that same gratitude in your posts here might have helped avoid a messy thread. Instead of appearing appreciative, your posts appear calculating as if you were trying to get something for nothing. Perhaps that's not the case but that is the appearance. Hopefully, you'll make everything right by Oxy and make your posts more carefully here.

I just didn't do it in this thread as it didn't really concern you.

How do you possibly justify whining in public and then say that it doesn't concern us? And about the most trusted man in the business? You made a big public stink about being wronged, and yet you praise in private? In a civil world, you praise in public and punish in private. Or if you must air either in public, air both in public.

Not an overreaction of full refund for no real reason.

Yeah, damn Oxy and his poor handling of this. How dare he try to make things right, especially since you called him out in public. Complete overreaction on his part, and definitely not on your part.

As for the rest of it don't really care what you think

And no one cares for your indignant and obtuse behavior, nor your sense of entitlement. Also, and this is just my guess, but I would think you're soon going to run out of vendors willing to do business with you pretty soon.

"All men are ingrates," sneered the cynic. "Nay,"

The good philanthropist replied;

"I did great service to a man one day

Who never since has cursed me to repay,

Nor vilified."

"Ho!" cried the cynic, "lead me to him straight --

With veneration I am overcome,

And fain would have his blessing." "Sad your fate --

He cannot bless you, for AI grieve to state

This man is dumb."

Ariel Selp

But frankly all that was required was the simple replies of yea it can take that long don't worry.
Since I'm privy to the situation, I can testify to the fact that he did indeed give you replies. You just didn't like the explanation.

I just wanted your opinions on shipping times.

So, saying your pissed off and complaining about him ignoring you is 'just asking for opinions'? I don't think so.

Not an overreaction of full refund for no real reason.

So did you pay him for it?

You should, since those samples came directly out of his own pocket. He doesn't just find the stuff you know, he buys it from other people, then sells it.

So if you decide to keep the money AND the sample, you are in essence, robbing one of the most well respected names in the absinthe world.

Don't act like you're surprised you got a refund. It happened before.

Happy birthday, by the way.

"whining in public and then say that it doesn't concern us?"

Wrong, doesn't matter what I said on here. I have no need to thank you or make any of you aware of anything. The money isn't really your concern and neither is where I put my thanks. Sure you can have an opinion on it since I came here, but I don't owe you a thing.

And again I never once said a bad thing about Oxy. Only the possible outcome at the time. I know full well Oxy's rep having been here for years. And again never did I wonder if I was going to be ripped out. I just was worried it wasn't gonna line up to my time frame that I had been planning for years. I went so far as to sleep out on the couch so I could hear the knock at the door for the delivery for 2 weeks. That's how much I was looking forward to it.

I think it's sad on all your parts that you're still going about about last years free bottle. I mean seriously what did it put you out. As for being some grand mastermind scheme that's just plain retarded. Stupid even, I had eddy several times before. It was perfect, that time wasn't. It was VERY yellow so much so I came here(well there) and did a search , ok look tons of others were clearly thinking the exact same thing about it. So I read through the thread. But no one know a thing, all guessing. So I figured why not email and just ask. Never in 100 years would I thought you guys would get that bent out of shape about it. Between the label and the color guess they felt ok with it I have no idea. I never asked for anything from them, only why was it so yellow. I shared that bottle with many friends who have since placed orders from them and enjoy absinthe now as well. It was a free bottle well spent.

And yes he did give me replies. What now you want dates too Luscious Oily Lesbians!. Give me a break. I emailed him 6th and 18th of Jan. As for his replies which were fine by the way.

"I would definitely expect it to arrive in the course of the coming week.

In a worst case situation, we will of course replace a missing parcel, but I'm confident it's just slower than usual in transit, and will arrive shortly."

Yea well it didn't arrive. So I waited another 5 days on top of that before I made this post asking how long it usually takes. I don't blame him for being out of town. I was sure I wouldn't be ripped off. What I wasn't sure was if it was coming on time for today. Not to mention as I pointed out on the 18th .

"Only thing I see it doesn't ask city which doesn't matter being zip code is the same thing but at this point I don't think it's showing up."

I wasn't sure if that with the address would even be enough for it to get here correctly. So at this point I didn't know even if it had been sent back to him or what.

Either way whatever time to actually enjoy this birthday, well try to...

Seriously dude, if you're incapable of seeing how incredibly combatitive and douchebaggy your posts have been from the beginning, you're a lost cause.

Hdtv, if you really can't see how your post was not solely asking a question, but complaining, I don't know what else we can do to show you how your actions influence how we react.

Maybe you'd get it if you realized how many other threads like this take a totally different turn.

The only reason we keep tying it back to the Eddy thread was because it shows a pattern of behavior. Of public complaint. Of getting free stuff. Of being downright indignant. Oh, and acting clueless about how your behavior affects the tone of the conversation too.

And the thanks we were talking about wasn't for us. It was for for closure. For those people who read this thread a year from now. It would be nice for there to be record of you giving thanks to Oxy for his help and for fixing the problem.

Regarding the money: If you end up keeping it AND the sample, that would be the lowest of the low. I would fully expect every absinthe retailer to be notified and to recommend not to sell to you. I'd also recommend that you be shown the door on the forums as well.

Just my 2 cents.