Sign in to follow this  
TheGreenOne

In Defense of Hills

Sure everyone here loves to trash Hills because they drink something more expensive or exotic. And yes I know it's not cool to defend Hills but they deserve to be defended.

Hills was a pioneer that helped make absinthe acceptable in Europe. While not necessarily purely traditional, everyone in the absinthe community owes Hills a debt of gratitude.

Also, Hills is a fine product in its own right. It is naturally coloured with Artemisia windexium and it is subtly flavored with Hyssop, Lysol and Lemon Balm.

Hills also has the most beautiful clear blue louche I have ever seen. It really puts those so-called LBs to shame.

That Hills produces the most wonderful secondary and even teriary effects. Drinking as little as a single bottle in an evening results in hallucinations, palpitations, ruminations and emanations.

That Hills produces the most wonderful secondary and even teriary effects.  Drinking as little as a single bottle in an evening results in hallucinations, palpitations, ruminations and emanations.

what about emancipation proclaimations?

Not having had the luxury of trying Hills ;) , I'll defer to the more experienced WS members to comment.

I must say, however, that the civilized man's "ivory finger" reference is magnificent. The only thing missing from the image is fire. Then again, the rising gorge burn is fire enough...

Lincoln was an absintheur?

Note the color scheme of a fiver.

I guess you can throw Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Grant , Franklin, and a few other dead presidents in there, as well.

Hey, if you really need to get drunk, and like minty mouthwash tastes,and if you do not think of it as absinthe, and can pay $70 a bottle in Canadia for it, Hills isn't bad.

Especially if someone else bought it.