106 replies to this topic

#91 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

We're still looking at a particular solution for the pod/vid-cast, but it hit the back burner again when my priorities had to shift. I'd like to follow up with that soon; I'll be seeing the guys in a couple weeks for a different project.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin
Distiller, Stone & Szilard Distilling Co.
www.absinthemarteau.com

#92 Robynn

Robynn

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

Re: podcasts

I would also be totally happy to volunteer do any necessary audio editing, I've done it for fun and for (small) profit for the last five years. Also more than happy to help other folks with audio production tools on the ins and outs of publishing a podcast, creating an RSS feed etc. if needed.

I think a standard review and discussion program (could even be a call in show where folks can ask questions of a knowledgeable host), featuring some of our most experienced people as well as maybe some equipment reviews, and vendor information would be easy to put together. Our lovely logo would look very nice on iTunes, which would again draw people to the site.

Interviews with distillers, herb growers, retailers etc. would also make for great content. Promotional spots could also be recorded for these programs as sold advertising revenue. There are also podcast hosting companies that can help your program find advertisers (which will likely not be absinthe related) to offset hosting costs etc.

Sounds like we have lots of talented folks here that can help make this happen. Also, could the yearly WWS calendar be a money maker? Perhaps sold through an outlet like Zazzle or Cafe Press?

Reading lots of great ideas, hopefully we can implement some. :cheers:

- Robynn

#93 peridot

peridot

Floccinaucinihilipilificator Extraordinaire

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

That would be a rocking program.

Another thing that we can do is increase the price of future volumes of the music compilation by a couple bucks. It was sold really, really cheap this time just to try to get people to buy it. And it sold vastly more than expected (111 copies as of now). Selling it for $4 or $5 would still be ridiculously cheap, especially since people often bought them in bulk and thereby significantly reduced the shipping cost per disc.

Throng of Shoggoths: Lovecraftian Sludge

Pudwich: 90's style hard rock

My stupid facebutt page.

#94 Bob Tessier

Bob Tessier

WS token Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

I would be willing to pay significantly more for the music CD, especially if proceeds went to support WS. :thumbup:
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

#95 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:21 PM

That would be a rocking program.

Another thing that we can do is increase the price of future volumes of the music compilation by a couple bucks. It was sold really, really cheap this time just to try to get people to buy it. And it sold vastly more than expected (111 copies as of now). Selling it for $4 or $5 would still be ridiculously cheap, especially since people often bought them in bulk and thereby significantly reduced the shipping cost per disc.

Or make it available as a download...most have the capability to burn a disc..save disc and shipping cost..and still charge enough to assist the WS site..added convenience and instant receipt..Just a thought..
"Everything is on its way to somewhere" (Albert Einstein)

#96 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,191 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

Sounds good to me but I really like the artwork on the disk and liner notes or whatever they're called.

Do both!

<------ not an audiophile. My hearing isn't top quality anymore.
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#97 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,825 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

We could also offer the Vol. 1 CD as a gift for being a subscriber at a certain level.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#98 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

Sounds good to me but I really like the artwork on the disk and liner notes or whatever they're called.

Do both!

<------ not an audiophile. My hearing isn't top quality anymore.

Yes..$$$

#99 oglala56

oglala56

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

We could also offer the Vol. 1 CD as a gift for being a subscriber at a certain level.

Excellent..

#100 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

Excellent idea, Brian!

My stupid facebutt page.

#101 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

Ditto. :cheers:

www.absinthemarteau.com

#102 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

Oh, and by the way I'm ready to wear my silver cup with pride. ;) I switched from an anonymous plan to a normal one.

My stupid facebutt page.

#103 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,280 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:49 AM

Who da man? You da man.

www.absinthemarteau.com

#104 peridot

peridot

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:02 AM

Pshaw.

My stupid facebutt page.

#105 Gruene Fee

Gruene Fee

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:21 PM

Silver Pontarlier cheers to you, amigo. :cheers:
"The collective strength of our Bullshit Detectors is practically a force of nature." -Gwydion

#106 Retrogarde

Retrogarde

"historical joie de vivre" -Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:14 PM

I was shocked at how inexpensive the CD was really, and although I certainly understand the reasoning for it (good thinking Peridot), I can't help but think about the extra $111 to $333 that could have ended up in the WS piggy bank. There is always next time though.

The calendar was through Cafe Press as I recall. Was there a markup on that? I know they make it a pain to actually get your profits though (no check until you've earned 'X' amount), and again it was something fun for the members more than a money making deal.

But that reminds me, I do wish we would consider a hardcover coffee table book of photos. I've had good luck with blurb.com personally, but I know there are other sites that do this sort of thing too. It might be worth seeing which site offers to highest potential profit margin for a good quality book. Just a thought!
The basic tools of the absintheur are essentially a spoon, glass, sugar cube, chilled water, and absinthe. None of the other objects are actually necessary to prepare the drink, but they are imperative for instigating a type of visual hypnosis and bringing richness to the ceremony.
--Betina J. Wittels

#107 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,191 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:56 AM

I do wish we would consider a hardcover coffee table book of photos

I've made that same suggestion. There are so many terrific pix that IMHO a calendar wouldn't have enough months. I know absolutely nothing about building a book. I was asked to write one ....once. People prey upon my weak points. It's the law!

:cheers:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association