Gwydion Stone

Pontarlier Glasses Are Back

IMG_0258a.jpg

I've had a number of inquiries both from members and interested outsiders about when the reservoir glasses would be available again, so I'm now accepting pre-orders here.

If I get orders for at least twelve glasses before Tuesday, Oct 25th, I can have them here in about two weeks. Otherwise it'll be about four weeks, because Frenchman Phil will be away until then.

For those who have not seen them in person, I want to point out that they are hand-blown and hand-cut and each is a unique piece of old-world craftsmanship. Because they are hand-made, certain features such as the occasional small bubble or waviness in the glass are to be expected. They are very nice pieces, but they are not fine stemware, so don't expect Waterford crystal.

I'd like to order a couple of these for local pick-up.

Do you have enough interested folks for another order soon? or did I miss out? Is the procedure to simply pre-order them off the Absinthe Glasses/Support page through the paypal?

thanks

I expect them in about five days; maybe another two to get to you. I'll send an email to everyone who ordered the day I mail them.

Not that many people ordered them right away, so it took a while to get enough orders to put a full order together. Thanks for your patience.

Will you have only the exact number for those who have already ordered, or will you have extras? I'm interested in purchasing a few, and will be in the Seattle area soon, so I could pick them up, in theory.

I'll be in town a week starting January 5th. I sent an email to the "contact us" address the other day, not sure who that goes to and/or if it was recieved. I'd be looking at getting two or three glasses most likely.

Hmmm. Didn't get it—but that happens sometimes, they get stuck on the host server and I have to retrieve them by webmail. I'll put 3 aside for now.

We'll have to have a small get-together while you're here if we've recovered from New Year's yet.

I rarely do much for the Julian new year, so I'll most definately be recovered. I figured when I didn't get a response that the email may have been eaten by the ether, as they are wont to do from time to time. Not a big deal. Do let me know more about the get-together, if you don't mind having me. I completely understand if you'd rather I not attend, what with being new here and from out of town and all.

We'll have to have a small get-together while you're here if we've recovered from New Year's yet.

I'll be recovered.

Do let me know more about the get-together, if you don't mind having me. I completely understand if you'd rather I not attend, what with being new here and from out of town and all.

The get together would be to meet you, because you are from out of town.

I'd love to, but I've already purchased plane tickets, and there are certain folk here at home who would be rather peeved if I wasn't home for Julian new years eve.

The pain of living 2,500 miles away from many of your friends.

I got my glasses two hours before our holiday party yesterday. Everyone except one person liked the absinthe I served(Eddy, NO, and Clandestine 53). The glasses are in better shape than I am, especially on my 5th one.

post-196-1134396171_thumb.jpg