Gwydion Stone

Post Editing Window Temporarily Narrowed

I really regret having to do this, but due to several of the newer members' propensity for completely removing or substantially editing their posts, thereby disrupting the flow and comprehension of threads, I've temporarily shortened the post-editing window to ten minutes. This should be adequate time to re-read your post and make any corrections needed.

When you make post and then delete it hours or days later, after many responses that refer to it, it makes it nearly impossible for someone reading the thread to follow at all.

Please, everyone, make sure you really want to say what you're about to post.

Editing time will return to normal when the dust settles around here.

Some people are allergic to all manner of things. Fairy dust, angel dust, dust bunnies. We must allow them their sneezies and snifflies if we are to remain accepting of all.

Apologies for the multi-posts in a few places, y'all!

the Dust of the Angels.

I like that Faith No More album quite a bit.

Actually I don't listen to those guys at all.

But now that the monopoly money's all out on the table, is it ok for me to discuss my problem with St George...? :harhar:

I think it is a good idea. It makes people fully consider what they are posting before doing so, and forces them to take accountability for their words. I think ours is a bit lenient, a day or two, but I'll have to look it over and narrow it myself.

What is it normally?

The video-nerd forum where I serve as moderator narrowed the editing window to one hour after someone used several sock-puppet identities to try and pull a fast one on the community, outed himself by inadvertently posting under the wrong login for the alter-ego and finally attempted to cover his tracks by editing all his previous posts. The admin lovingly retrieved the missing posts from the server's cache, thus preserving a classic internet self-de-pantsing for posterity.