Nonmouse

So, um, yeah...

This 'ud be my obligatory intromoductorical-type thread.

I've been drinking absinthe for fifteenish+ years- I've been lurking here, off and on, for several years. Figured it was time to actually pop in and say "Hi!".

Hi!

I'm a chemist by vocation; an imbibologist by avocation (and formerly by vocation). I live in Taxachusetts, near Bahstahn, but I grew up in Denver (and still very much think of myself as a Denver boy.)

I should prolly fill y'all in with more biographical deets, but I think I'll save that for another night.

Hi, again. Nice place y'all have here.

-Non

Edited by Gwydion Stone
compliance with site policy

Welcome and thanks. The boss has been doing a little remodeling. You know, new curtains and a fresh coat of paint. <shrug> standard stuff.

:cheers:

Hi! :wave2:

My son wants to major in Chemistry next year..

You have me wondering about his choice... .Luscious Oily Lesbians!!!

Welcome, we'll see if you're as twisted as the rest of us..

:cheers:

Welcome and thanks. The boss has been doing a little remodeling. You know, new curtains and a fresh coat of paint. <shrug> standard stuff.

I'd've thought he'd bother to strip the (several) layers of wallpaper off first...

*shrugs*

Nice color(s) though.

Hi! :wave2:

My son want's to major in Chemistry next year..

You have me wondering about his choice... .Luscious Oily Lesbians!!!

Welcome, we'll see if you're as twisted as the rest of us..

Sadly, tho' there are luscious oily denizens of t' Isle of Lesbos in most chemistry programs, most of 'em are kinda committed to the carpet... oh, wait- you were making an anagramitic pun, weren't you? NM.

>.>

<.<

Twisted? Nuh-huh. I R as clean-cut and straight-arrow as you'll ever find. Really. Believe me. Would a face like this lie to you? It was owned by a little old lady that only drove it to church and Wal-mart on Sundays. The check's in the mail. I'm from the government; I'm here to help. Trust me, I won't... Umm. Maybe I should stop here.

-Non

I live in Taxachusetts, near Bahstahn, but I grew up in Denver (and still very much think of myself as a Denver boy.)

Thank God he's a country boy!

Welcome to the WS! :cheers:

Edited by fingerpickinblue

Welcome! :cheers:

I've been drinking absinthe for fifteenish+ years-

Strange ... you said you'd been drinking absinthe for "~20 years" in your Fée Verte introduction yesterday. Maybe there were a few "lost weekends" along the way.

Or maybe you want to avoid any confusion with someone else here who has been studying absinthe for 20 years.

Welcome! :cheers:

I've been drinking absinthe for fifteenish+ years-

Strange ... you said you'd been drinking absinthe for "~20 years" in your Fée Verte introduction yesterday. Maybe there were a few "lost weekends" along the way.

Or maybe you want to avoid any confusion with someone else here who has been studying absinthe for 20 years.

Fifteenish+ ≈ ~20 years. =P

I first tried some horrid radioactive green Czechsinthe around 1990-1993 (I don't recall exactly when). I figured "fifteenish+" or "~20" sounded better than 17.5 ±1.5 years ago.

Hiya Nonmouse!

Born and raised Masshole, here. Only left because NYC >>> Boston. :devil:

As for lesbians, they seem to pop up due to a certain 'word' filter.

In the old days (when I was just a mere member) I would have been screaming Puppet! Troll!

But since this is WS, I'll say I hope you share your vast expereince from the early days of the absinthe revival with the folks here as I'm sure we could all learn a great deal. And this history is special and shouldn't be lost.

So please share the early neon green absinthes you had and your infatuation. You'll be forgiven.

Wlcome to the WS! :cheers:

In the old days (when I was just a mere member) I would have been screaming Puppet! Troll!

But since this is WS, I'll say I hope you share your vast expereince from the early days of the absinthe revival with the folks here as I'm sure we could all learn a great deal. And this history is special and shouldn't be lost.

So please share the early neon green absinthes you had and your infatuation. You'll be forgiven.

Wlcome to the WS! :cheers:

Puppet? No. Troll? Maybe. (I don't think I qualify, but you may disagree.)

I dunno about vast gnawledge- I R no Ted Breaux- and the majority of my experiences from that era I can't discuss, per forum rules... :nono:

I've fortunately forgotten which 'orrid, 'orrid Czechsinthes I tried back in the day. (I'm sure Hill's was one of them. Uggh.) I drink heavily in the hopes of eventually erasing the very memories of having tried them. About the only good thing I can say about them is that they got me interested in absinthe.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!