Heavy Harpoon

Absinthe on Youtube

He didn't set it ablaze. He's three batches behind. He and Edward are married. It is a blanche.

That's what I got out of the thing....and uh.....well........uh......well.....we uh.....well, we're pretty humble.

'Tis my day of bitterness. Maybe it didn't come across to me as it was intended. <shrug>

Organic? He says organic 2x... Man, were we all this annoying at his age? I had E111 last week for the 1st time. Its best destiny is to be put into something better as a mixer. Not terrible, but it can't hold a candle to other avail blanches in the US like Duplais and La Clandestine.

I was thinking Michael Cera. B)

I thought it looked like they just stuck him in a random bar, perhaps that was the best they had on hand. Maybe he wanted to use an absinthe that was legitimate and widely available.

Edited by baubel

I believe he had a hand in the Doubs Mystique recipe, but he he doesn't actually distill absinthe, at least none that I'm aware of.

I thought it looked like they just stuck him in a random bar, perhaps that was the best they had on hand. Maybe he wanted to use an absinthe that was legitimate and widely available.

I believe that the video was shot at the prestigious London offices of the UK distributor. They'll love your calling it a "random bar!" I don't think Lucid is too widely available in the UK at this stage, so maybe David wanted to refresh his memory of it.

Given that the distributor's website shows them stocking Pandor, Lucid and Maison Fontaine, and given that David already knows Fontaine quite well, his choice is not too surprising.

We would have been surprised had he been drinking Pandor!

Okay, I give up. Jay posted a cute emoticon last night depicting where I was talking from, and it wasnt a random bar.

I prefer a slower, more even fountain drip for the Berthe de Joux because it has a very lovely, rolling fog bank kind of louche, but also, what Bill said. :)