Heavy Harpoon

Absinthe on Youtube

Nice vids, Martin!

Thank you for sharing them!

I think i'll actually try to find a bottle of the St. Antoine for my collection.

Thanks again, and have a great new year!

That does seem to be the conclusion alot will jump to. Often, when I tell people that absinthe does not cause hallucinations, they will ask me if there are any that do. They desperately want to believe that absinthe is a drug.

Edited by Heavy Harpoon

I wanted to myself once upon a time. I have seen the light, not gone into it but just saw it.

My life has been changed forever.....or until my next revelation.

Until then, Cheers!

Now that was cool and pretty innovative, Little G! :cheers:
Love that spoon mod, Little G!

Not as good as Jen's, but I'm trying...

Those are lovely! Extra loved the pre-ban video. (And the St Antoine looks very inviting!)

I'm unfamiliar with Stillwood Absinthe which was featured rather prominently in the video, and there's no mention of it in the review section. Is it one of the smaller American brands? One worth tasting? Just curious...

I'm unfamiliar with Stillwood Absinthe which was featured rather prominently in the video, and there's no mention of it in the review section. Is it one of the smaller American brands? One worth tasting? Just curious...

A gracious friend passed it down from the little yellow bird they received it from. :pirate: It is very worth tasting, but unless "you know a guy who knows a guy"... ;)

Edited by Gruene Fee

I wasn't planning on posting this here, but since the thread was created, I thought, Why not?

It's a vid featuring a chugging drink called the

. *shudder*

Scripting could've been better, as well as lighting, but it was an off-hand thing done on a whim based on a conversation at TARN.

It also gives you a small glimpse of part of my bar, although most of the absinthe is behind the camera, unfortunately.

Hahaha. Not bad man, not bad. You'll take a beating from the anti-WS folks, "WS member drinks shots of absinthe on youtube," but I think all the rest of us will appreciate it for what it is. Throwing back a pint of Guinness is awesomeness, then throw in a bit of our favorite spirit? Solid. I've sen Alan mention this before, I think it was from a bar in Hong Kong or something like that. I'm glad you took the bullet for us first, in case it was horrid.

:drunk:

I just view it as Absinthe diluted to a 16:1 ratio with Guinness

Or 20:1 if you're on the correct side of the Great Beer Divide!

Being called "incredible hulk", all that was missing was Brian yelling out a big "RAAAAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!" while convulsing and ripping his shirt off like Hulk Hogan at the end. *smirk*

That would have made the video! (as well as had me falling out of my chair in laughter)

Way to put back that guiness! I love Irish Car Bombs so kinda thinking about trying the IH. The way we do Irish Car Bombs here though is with about 4/6ths pint of guinness and the shot is mostly Jameson with a bit of Baileys on top and then its dropped right in the glass.

I will be trying this with some LTV tonight in a side by side comparison against some louched Pacifique for the betterment of some newbs. No contest. Lucky for me I got one of the small bottles, for the first and last time mind you. And inside that bottle lurked gibbering hideousness, diabolism. Here, truly, is the apotheosis of the unnamable. :devil:

:rolleyes:

Has anyone ever tried this? It tastes like absolute sugary ass this way. Not to mention you're knocking out the alcohol "oomph" of the drink...

I never have and never will. But you're brave to admit that you have. :poke:

I done did it with some pretty expensive stuff too. This was a long time ago. Never did it again after that. Ruined it for me. This was around the same time I made my first death in the afternoon, too...which also ruined a perfectly good dose of absinthe.