That's nice, Mark, but you still seem to be laboring under the preconceptions of the "marketing" approach. I'm a newbie around here, so I wouldn't presume to speak for the absinthe community.

However, from my experience in business and industry, I would be a bit leery of a supplier that was always pumping their events and promos rather than discussing their product.

*Shrugs*

Maybe scientific instruments and trendy liquors are entirely different markets, with no functional overlap, so I could be completely off the mark. So far I haven't found any markets that are completely different, but this could be an exception...

With all due respect uncle Joe, you are dead wrong...

I do know a bit about Absinthe, probably not as much as you do, but being that of the Elder you should not be so sure that everything you profess is absolut no punn intended. just what you believe to be true from your long years of research. lets not get into a philosophical debate though.....

I am not a marketer entrepreneur, I have decent taste in everything. I know very well what is rumored to be in Absinthe, but neither Edward nor myself are distillers. We both are on the verge of Capsizing financially. Although we need this company to work, we will not

We have no venture capital just our own limited resources which are almost completely fucking milked and curdled into an infection of yogurt

I do respect you as an elder and someone who has studied Absinthe for years, but whether you are Ted Breaux and stick needles in pre band bottles, or stick the needles in your ass and howl at the moon, but you can't tell me what my company is.........when all you know about it is what you read on the internet or a message board. That information can be true, but is not ABSOLUTELY true.

Thanks for your response though.

We chose to work with Tuthilltown because they were a family style business, and we really liked the work they did to change the laws for farmer distillers. Not to mention their killer packaging and car of their product. They have been working in their business somewhere around 5 years..and u respect them... so why sould people question Edward when he has been involved for two. I have read about absinthe for over 20 years, but my intesity of interest peaked and grew since the year 2000 forward. Prior to this project I had only made infusions and made them for friends who owned bars.

I'm sorry, my generosity only extends so far.

Are you even old enough to be drinking, let alone making liquor?

There's nothing like a healthy disgust and contempt for your market, published in the single most viewed absinthe resource in the world, to help promote a brand.

N.B.: The Wormwood Society is not merely a message board for scattered anonymous fans of absinthe. It's comprised of many people who really have researched absinthe for years, and every important absinthe producer in the world participates here from time to time. Some of the people here have made it possible for you to produce absinthe in the US.

You, my friend, are off on two wrong feet. You show a typical shallow marketer's perspective: There is no "real" truth about a product, only stories you tell. It doesn't matter what's in the bottle, only the spin you can come up with is important.

In your posts here and elsewhere, you've made it clear that you know or care very little about absinthe and its manufacture, even its basic ingredients. You have every appearance of the typical entrepreneur jumping the absinthe bandwagon and burning through all of your VC on marketing and launch parties (complete with hired faces) instead of research and consulting.

You were extremely fortunate in hooking up with a respectable distiller to make your product, and the Tuthilltown team gets all of my props for any success the product enjoys.

You seemed like a nice enough fellow and then you go and do something like this. What's most puzzling is that a good number of members (and lurkers) here have most likely already pre-ordered your absinthe and have been waiting months for an actual bottle to ship. Doesn't make a whole lot of business sense to me. But what do I know...I have a shop in a hick town and watch quite a bit of TV (insert sarcasm quotes here.) :fork:

Hey. I do not know what I did? Its not about good pr bad pr, people like ed they dont...they like mark they dont...its just a product, but a really good one. I am not trying to make enemies nor turn people off. We are friendly with Kamal and he wanted to be the first to sell it. We have had so many road blocks with getting this product out on time...for instance money....Tuthilltowns schedule with their own products...snow rain sleet, rock climbing, etc...all of this has come to a close...release is imminent.

You seem like a gentle happy industry educated person. I am enjoying the simple life more as I leave my early 30's. What people witnessed was just frustration from within our company because like u all who have ordered and who may want to still order with us...we are tired of waiting too!

I thought you were talking about me. Then, when I realized who you were actually addressing this to, I knew you really fucked up.

I do know a bit about Absinthe, probably not as much as you do, but being that of the Elder you should not be so sure that everything you profess is absolut

No. You don't know shit about absinthe. You are a rude little moron that can't even figure out how to use spell check. PM coming.

Yeah I think The New York Times liked Delaware Phoenix because they are a big supporter of women in business as well as finding companies that grow organically with soul.

Or maybe it's because she's well known as someone who makes some of the best absinthe out there. Why do you keep minimizing everyone else's contributions?

all you know about it is what you read on the internet or a message board. That information can be true, but is not ABSOLUTELY true.
Do you know how completely stupid this statement was? DO YOU REALLY THINK ALL WE READ IS JUST WHAT'S ON THE INTERNET?

Judging by what you've already said in the past, you have more fallacies in your head about absinthe than anyone else here.

You really need to get a grip before you find yourself without any supporters in the absinthe community.

I have read about absinthe for over 20 years,
You are SO full of shit.

My thoughts exactly, Brian.

...as I leave my early 30's...

So you've been reading substantive information on absinthe since you were twelve? :twitchsmile:

I thought you were talking about me. Then, when I realized who you were actually addressing this to, I knew you really fucked up.

I do know a bit about Absinthe, probably not as much as you do, but being that of the Elder you should not be so sure that everything you profess is absolut

No. You don't know shit about absinthe. You are a rude little moron that can't even figure out how to use spell check. PM coming.

Joe i made a mistake i didn't mean u, I was relpying to the guy with the white hat.

My thoughts exactly, Brian.

...as I leave my early 30's...

So you've been reading substantive information on absinthe since you were twelve? :twitchsmile:

No I became interested in what it was, and read stories about it. I am not the far most authority on anything for that matter.

te⋅di⋅ous

  /ˈtidiəs, ˈtidʒəs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tee-dee-uhs, tee-juhs]

–adjective

1. marked by tedium; long and tiresome: tedious tasks; a tedious journey.

2. wordy so as to cause weariness or boredom, as a speaker or writer; prolix.

I was relpying to the guy with the white hat.

And just like that, this post encapsulates how little you know about the absinthe community or indeed, absinthe.

I was relpying to the guy with the white hat.

And just like that, this post encapsulates how little you know about the absinthe community or indeed, absinthe.

:clap:

No I became interested in what it was, and read stories about it. I am not the far most authority on anything for that matter.

Given the context of your statement, I took it to mean that you were citing your 20 years of reading as indicative of your breadth and depth of knowledge on absinthe. Being aware of something, being curious about it, and reading stories do not an expert make, and it sounds like you acknowledge this. Per me, one can be relatively new to the absinthe world (say 2-3 years), but with a dedicated research focused on solid sources, rigorous tasting of many well-established brands, and mentoring by those who know their stuff, one could become relatively well-versed in absinthe in that time span. Thus, it is not time itself that makes someone into an expert, but dedication, reliance on valid and reliable resources, and focused effort.

I would encourage you to spend more time doing your homework and less time trying to influence the WWS folks. As they say, "the proof is in the pudding." When Edward III is released and sampled by those who know good absinthe, it will either flourish or perish (or somewhere in between), based on its own merits. Inflammatory statements and shallow fantastic claims are not helping your brand. In fact, IMO, they are harming your cause.

Funny thing is that I was just up at New Belgian Brewing this week to discuss some potential projects with some of the staff. What a beautiful, beautiful brewery...both aesthetically and functionally.

Anywho, we somehow got on the subject of some of the new arrivals to the brewing/distilling scene, and, for whatever reason, how the new crop doesn't understand some of the immutable rules of our trade.

Things like: never say anything disparaging about a peer's work (especially in public); always assume that you are the dumbest and least experienced person in the room (because you usually are); never pretend your business has been around for a decade when in reality it's been around for roughly 15 minutes (this rule applies in particular when you're chatting with people whose business has been around for a decade); if you have no experience in production, never pretend like marketing for distilleries/breweries is the same thing as producing; always assume that you have a lot to learn about your craft because you always do. I could go on....

I have found it interesting that the old guard follows these rules to a T. The staff at New Belgian, while sitting there with my crew, in what is simply a Cathedral of craft brewing, talking shop, were plain spoken and humble...although the surroundings betrayed their humility. We eagerly swapped knowledge, and enjoyed each other's work for hours. It was a great day.

Funny thing is that I was just up at New Belgian Brewing this week to discuss some potential projects with some of the staff. What a beautiful, beautiful brewery...both aesthetically and functionally.

Anywho, we somehow got on the subject of some of the new arrivals to the brewing/distilling scene, and, for whatever reason, how the new crop doesn't understand some of the immutable rules of our trade.

Things like: never say anything disparaging about a peer's work (especially in public); always assume that you are the dumbest and least experienced person in the room (because you usually are); never pretend your business has been around for a decade when in reality it's been around for roughly 15 minutes (this rule applies in particular when you're chatting with people whose business has been around for a decade); if you have no experience in production, never pretend like marketing for distilleries/breweries is the same thing as producing; always assume that you have a lot to learn about your craft because you always do. I could go on....

I have found it interesting that the old guard follows these rules to a T. The staff at New Belgian, while sitting there with my crew, in what is simply a Cathedral of craft brewing, talking shop, were plain spoken and humble...although the surroundings betrayed their humility. We eagerly swapped knowledge, and enjoyed each other's work for hours. It was a great day.

Fasinating..Excellent advice..

This is awesome. If only I liked popcorn.

I don't know shit about shit so I'm not going to step in on this one, except to put in my consumer's opinion that when companies act like jackasses I don't buy from them. And I don't think I'm alone in that. Come here and be condescending, contemptuous, sardonic, and snarling toward everyone, and see how many people want to give you their money.

It's not just about whether you show proper respect to the establishment, many of whom have worked a hell of a lot harder than you for longer than you to get this ball rolling so that you can even bring an absinthe to the market. It's also about treating potential customers with respect. The people who know the least about producing absinthe (the masses) will have the most important opinions about your product, because if you don't please them you won't make any money and your product will cease to be. Being rude and arrogant, when you don't even distill your own product, is going to work against you.

Just as an FYI to everyone, Mark has currently been placed on Mod Approval for his posts.

I hope this will encourage him to think before he posts. The restriction is temporary and is

far less than my initial inclination to have him drawn and quartered in the village square.

You really need to get a grip before you find yourself without any supporters in the absinthe community.

You are SO full of shit.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

when companies act like jackasses I don't buy from them.

Being rude and arrogant, when you don't even distill your own product, is going to work against you.

Oh, it already has.

Important correction: that should read "how some of the new crop doesn't understand...."

Sorry for the typo.

Those are good rules to live by.

Just add "dont eat at a restaurant called Moms, and never play poker with someone named Doc".

But what do i know? I'm just a cookie cutter idiot screaming at my TV like a caveman!!!

This is awesome. If only I liked popcorn.

I don't know shit about shit so I'm not going to step in on this one, except to put in my consumer's opinion that when companies act like jackasses I don't buy from them. And I don't think I'm alone in that. Come here and be condescending, contemptuous, sardonic, and snarling toward everyone, and see how many people want to give you their money.

It's not just about whether you show proper respect to the establishment, many of whom have worked a hell of a lot harder than you for longer than you to get this ball rolling so that you can even bring an absinthe to the market. It's also about treating potential customers with respect. The people who know the least about producing absinthe (the masses) will have the most important opinions about your product, because if you don't please them you won't make any money and your product will cease to be. Being rude and arrogant, when you don't even distill your own product, is going to work against you.

Impressive Peridot..very well said... :thumbup:

Late to the party again. :(

You seemed like a nice enough fellow and then you go and do something like this. What's most puzzling is that a good number of members (and lurkers) here have most likely already pre-ordered your absinthe and have been waiting months for an actual bottle to ship. Doesn't make a whole lot of business sense to me. But what do I know...I have a shop in a hick town and watch quite a bit of TV (insert sarcasm quotes here.) :fork:

For someone that I now see is such a pure marketeer, you sure don't know how to do your job, Mark. As someone in the same business as you (and even with less experience in my case), you make some pretty awful mistakes:

1.) No tact. You're laying on that sales pitch thicker than crunchy peanut butter. People tire of this very quickly, and it sounds entirely unnatural, especially in a forum environment.

2.) Low blows. As you can see from the response of drosstogold (among others), insulting your customers and competitors will get you nowhere. That loose cannon of a mouth you have is a serious liability to you and all those involved with your business.

3.) Poor grammar. As Gwydion mentioned, regardless of your age you seem like a whiny teenager that can't tell his little finger from his ass right now.

4.) Dishonesty. Your foot is so full of holes I don't know how you can stand. I could cite each lie, but I don't have 20 minutes to spare rounding them all up.

You also mentioned that you're not a distiller. So you're not a distiller and you don't know the first thing about marketing a product or public relations.

What exactly do you do, then?

We both are on the verge of Capsizing financially. Although we need this company to work, we will not

We have no venture capital just our own limited resources which are almost completely fucking milked and curdled into an infection of yogurt

That's pretty revealing information. Are you sure your business partner would want you revealing something like that? This also would explain the particularly hard sell right off the bat. More understandable knowing your situation, but that still doesn't excuse even a fraction of the things you've said or done.

You were extremely fortunate in hooking up with a respectable distiller to make your product, and the Tuthilltown team gets all of my props for any success the product enjoys.

Agreed.

Too late...

Edited by Absinthe Ben