Welcome! Sorry I'm a little late to the party.

I'm looking forward to posting a formal review! I enjoyed the prototype, although it was consumed in a less than perfect situation. :)

Thanks so much Brian. On a personal note it was nice to connect for a short bit and have an informal pow wow. Not sure if that is PC but who cares Luscious Oily Lesbians!.

:cheers:

Well, that's a lovely little story. Thanks.

Now, if you guys can chill out, keep your sense of humor intact and stop wearing your feelings on your sleeve, you'll discover this place is filled with nice, witty, sarcastic, intelligent, blah, blah, blah, just like the real world. We like to see absinthe succeed and we hope you make a worthy offering. Please understand, we get a little concerned when the next new absinthe is met with a ton of hype by two guys that keep changing their stories. It's weird. Real weird.

Relax. We won't steal your secrets but we will wish you success and cheer you on if you don't go all psycho-Carrie on us.

What kind of E am I? Um, I'm not. But if you act civilized, I'll treat you the same and welcome you here. :cheers:

He found success in all which he entertained. A true Artist.

Bargh!!!!!!!

Well, that's a lovely little story. Thanks.

Now, if you guys can chill out, keep your sense of humor intact and stop wearing your feelings on your sleeve, you'll discover this place is filled with nice, witty, sarcastic, intelligent, blah, blah, blah, just like the real world. We like to see absinthe succeed and we hope you make a worthy offering. Please understand, we get a little concerned when the next new absinthe is met with a ton of hype by two guys that keep changing their stories. It's weird. Real weird.

Relax. We won't steal your secrets but we will wish you success and cheer you on if you don't go all psycho-Carrie on us.

What kind of E am I? Um, I'm not. But if you act civilized, I'll treat you the same and welcome you here. :cheers:

He found success in all which he entertained. A true Artist.

Bargh!!!!!!! <spit take> <cough, cough>

I know Joe I am not good at making up stories...oh well back to the story telling drawing board, ill try to come up with something even better at the right time.

Enough with shameless self promotion...haha but i digress

Yeah, we really don't need the hard sell. If it's good, and we like the producers, we'll support it.

It's kind of condescending to get a hard sell on a site like this.

I did not know how to communicate on here. I just learned what a message board is..

Seems fun and informative. Brian how did you find that Slate interview...I did it because my friend Samantha had to do a science project at the sensible drug policy alliance...

Hope you found it funny, I tried to give them the salacious story they wanted.

Whaa..?

I like to entertain people, thats something about me, so there you go. Hope you have had some laughs. I like story telling too.

I know Joe I am not good at making up stories...oh well back to the story telling drawing board, ill try to come up with something even better at the right time.

Enough with shameless self promotion...haha but i digress

I did not know how to communicate on here. I just learned what a message board is..

Seems fun and informative. Brian how did you find that Slate interview...I did it because my friend Samantha had to do a science project at the sensible drug policy alliance...

Please understand, we get a little concerned when the next new absinthe is met with a ton of hype by two guys that keep changing their stories. It's weird. Real weird.

Edit to post #36, notwithstanding.

I did not know how to communicate on here.
Maybe it would be wise to read a few of the other producer's threads first then. The best thing to do is act like a normal person who is amongst friends, not a salesman amongst naive consumers. Words of advice: Don't try so hard.

Seems fun and informative.
They most certainly can be. But they can also be awful if the membership is turned against you, like I tried to explain both to you and Edward.

Brian how did you find that Slate interview...I did it because my friend Samantha had to do a science project at the sensible drug policy alliance...
As you already probably know, and with all due respect, I hated it.

Samantha and I had talked for hours in the weeks preceding taping. She also originally wanted me to come up to NYC to be part of it. But she didn't like the truth about absinthe. Funny she never mentioned the Sensible Drug Policy Alliance to me during any of our conversations. I don't think her presentation did them any justice either.

The problem is this: The WS as an organization works so hard to get truthful information about absinthe out there. Then someone with absolutely no experience (at the time) comes along and holds himself out as an expert and spouts a bunch of information that completely flies in the face of such truths. You can play it off as a fun game again, like you have several times over the past couple of days, but keep in mind, it's not funny to those of us who take TRUTHFUL education of the public seriously.

I didn't. In fact, I found it rather insulting that Samantha (who put on the face of someone wanting to clear the air about absinthe) decided to eschew everything we discussed and then publish what she did.

I like to entertain people, thats something about me, so there you go. Hope you have had some laughs.

Paul Nathan, is that you? :harhar: ;)

Thats fine. Keep in mind everything on TV is for morons. I have learned through being quite involved in media recently that they are ONLY INTERESTED IN THE SALACIOUS story. TV is for the cookie cutter idiots of America and the world to entertain their boring lives. So I agree with you Brian it only seams to tear away at the fabric that people on the WS wanted to soe.

This goes also for the sheep that "scream and yell at the tv like cavemen" when a sports event is on the screen. I see smart successful men rant and g`runting at the tv...

It did not do anyone justice. and she was a young girl who liked to get fucked up so I had a little fun with her so she drank Absinthe like a Wiskey shot. I drink absinthe at 12.5 per cent alchol give or take a little bit. That is my personal preference.

I got approached by :censor1: to do a show on :censor1: and instead of wanting to do a real story and promote a small business, they wanted the racey drama story and I declined this time.

So with that said, its a medium solely to entertain, which is why I thought a message board was something like that. This message board is way more serious and I like it.

I did not know how to communicate on here.
Maybe it would be wise to read a few of the other producer's threads first then. The best thing to do is act like a normal person who is amongst friends, not a salesman amongst naive consumers. Words of advice: Don't try so hard.

Seems fun and informative.
They most certainly can be. But they can also be awful if the membership is turned against you, like I tried to explain both to you and Edward.

Brian how did you find that Slate interview...I did it because my friend Samantha had to do a science project at the sensible drug policy alliance...
As you already probably know, and with all due respect, I hated it.

Samantha and I had talked for hours in the weeks preceding taping. She also originally wanted me to come up to NYC to be part of it. But she didn't like the truth about absinthe. Funny she never mentioned the Sensible Drug Policy Alliance to me during any of our conversations. I don't think her presentation did them any justice either.

The problem is this: The WS as an organization works so hard to get truthful information about absinthe out there. Then someone with absolutely no experience (at the time) comes along and holds himself out as an expert and spouts a bunch of information that completely flies in the face of such truths. You can play it off as a fun game again, like you have several times over the past couple of days, but keep in mind, it's not funny to those of us who take TRUTHFUL education of the public seriously.

I didn't. In fact, I found it rather insulting that Samantha (who put on the face of someone wanting to clear the air about absinthe) decided to eschew everything we discussed and then publish what she did.

So with that said, its a medium solely to entertain,

Given the fact that several WS members, including myself have been on TV and have done a service to the absinthe community with the information provided, I have to disagree. Millions of people watch TV every day. Is there a better change to reach a huge population in order to give them correct information? Is it responsible to do your own product a disservice by providing false 'entertainment'?

While it is true that the vast majority of programming on TV is solely for entertainment, there's also a great chance to educate.

So, if TV is solely used to entertain, are you going to pull your product from that Paid Programming show on Fox Biz Net? ;)

Thats fine. Keep in mind everything on TV is for morons. I have learned through being quite involved in media recently that they are ONLY INTERESTED IN THE SALACIOUS story. TV is for the cookie cutter idiots of America and the world to entertain their boring lives.

That's not exactly accurate. Repeatedly, we are getting the truth out and becoming increasingly successful at doing it. Most recently (only a few days ago), Dakini had a lovely little piece on the TV air waves. You may be forgiven since this bit of tripe was produced sometime ago but it only confirms the necessity of being cautious: Garbage on the TV (and internet) may last a very, very long time. While having a little fun may have been your plan, it does damage to your credibility as long as it gets play time.

Edit: High five to Brian. Brilliant minds... ;)

:thumbup:

And Mark, I sincerely don't want you to feel like we're coming down on you. We're really just trying to steer you in the right direction, so you can understand and identify with the mentality of one of your core consumer pools.

Of course, there's also the pool of consumers who are buying absinthe because they think they'll trip ballz, but that pool is only going to get smaller as more and more people find out they won't. Our pool will continue to grow.

Besides, based on the fact that you have Tuthilltown working in your corner, I don't think you're concentrating on the latter group.

Thats fine. Keep in mind everything on TV is for morons. I have learned through being quite involved in media recently that they are ONLY INTERESTED IN THE SALACIOUS story. TV is for the cookie cutter idiots of America and the world to entertain their boring lives. So I agree with you Brian it only seams to tear away at the fabric that people on the WS wanted to soe.

This goes also for the sheep that "scream and yell at the tv like cavemen" when a sports event is on the screen. I see smart successful men rant and g`runting at the tv...

It did not do anyone justice. and she was a young girl who liked to get fucked up so I had a little fun with her so she drank Absinthe like a Wiskey shot. I drink absinthe at 12.5 per cent alchol give or take a little bit. That is my personal preference.

I got approached by Melia Patria of ABC to do a show on nightline and instead of wanting to do a real story and promote a small business, they wanted the racey drama story and I declined this time.

So with that said, its a medium solely to entertain, which is why I thought a message board was something like that. This message board is way more serious and I like it.

I'm sorry, my generosity only extends so far.

Are you even old enough to be drinking, let alone making liquor?

There's nothing like a healthy disgust and contempt for your market, published in the single most viewed absinthe resource in the world, to help promote a brand.

N.B.: The Wormwood Society is not merely a message board for scattered anonymous fans of absinthe. It's comprised of many people who really have researched absinthe for years, and every important absinthe producer in the world participates here from time to time. Some of the people here have made it possible for you to produce absinthe in the US.

You, my friend, are off on two wrong feet. You show a typical shallow marketer's perspective: There is no "real" truth about a product, only stories you tell. It doesn't matter what's in the bottle, only the spin you can come up with is important.

In your posts here and elsewhere, you've made it clear that you know or care very little about absinthe and its manufacture, even its basic ingredients. You have every appearance of the typical entrepreneur jumping the absinthe bandwagon and burning through all of your VC on marketing and launch parties (complete with hired faces) instead of research and consulting.

You were extremely fortunate in hooking up with a respectable distiller to make your product, and the Tuthilltown team gets all of my props for any success the product enjoys.

Hiya, Mark!

I'm a fan of la bleues, I'm curious about yours--and attending one of these upcoming events--but I think what I quote below bears repeating:

And Mark, I sincerely don't want you to feel like we're coming down on you. We're really just trying to steer you in the right direction, so you can understand and identify with the mentality of one of your core consumer pools.

Of course, there's also the pool of consumers who are buying absinthe because they think they'll trip ballz, but that pool is only going to get smaller as more and more people find out they won't. Our pool will continue to grow.

I might even argue that many television producers, etc. are interested in the salacious story, while I wouldn't assume what the viewers themselves might be interested in or open to. Delaware Phoenix Distillery's recent TV segment had no salaciousness, and though I'm biased I thought it was a fine piece of reporting.

Exemplary, even, and one you should use as a guide, if not a model, Paul er, sorry, Mark.

I have a strong feeling you wouldn't, though, if only for its total lack of bells, whistles, and smokescreens.

You seemed like a nice enough fellow and then you go and do something like this. What's most puzzling is that a good number of members (and lurkers) here have most likely already pre-ordered your absinthe and have been waiting months for an actual bottle to ship. Doesn't make a whole lot of business sense to me. But what do I know...I have a shop in a hick town and watch quite a bit of TV (insert sarcasm quotes here.) :fork:

You seemed like a nice enough fellow and then you go and do something like this. What's most puzzling is that a good number of members (and lurkers) here have most likely already pre-ordered your absinthe and have been waiting months for an actual bottle to ship. Doesn't make a whole lot of business sense to me. But what do I know...I have a shop in a hick town and watch quite a bit of TV (insert sarcasm quotes here.) :fork:

Perhaps, but your integrity and customer service are extraordinary. That's why I order absinthe from your shop, on a very regular basis. It doesn't hurt that you carry my very favorite two absinthe.. :)

http://catskillcellars.com/ :wave2:

Perhaps, but your integrity and customer service are extraordinary. That's why I order absinthe from your shop, on a very regular basis. It doesn't hurt that you carry my very favorite two absinthe.. :)

http://catskillcellars.com/ :wave2:

You are too kind (mine too!) :heart:

Hi...

Yeah I think The New York Times liked Delaware Phoenix because they are a big supporter of women in business as well as finding companies that grow organically with soul. I am sure if William Saphire was still alive and well and rambling on, he would have also taken interest in the earthy will which is MS. Lins, the artistic sexy librarian with a brain and a paint brush.

I am happy she got in before us...she deserves it and we have gotten some press because of her. She is a rare breed.

Edward and I have some really head turning events planned as well as some simple tastings. Hopefully if we both can get out of our apartments, (which is rare occasion but it does happen)

Edward and I will eventually Annex Switzerland after we successfully run for office in district 66 (just kidding).

If you do not have much money to spend we will have enough tastings so you all can try it.