Sign in to follow this  
MerdeVerte

I was inspired by all the other fakes

Too funny!

I don't follow the French, but I would have set it up with a "Buy it Now" at some outrageous price, but let folks bid on it anyway. Or maybe have the "Reserve" at the outrageous price so noone would ever get there. That way, a bunch of us could bid, but never get to the Reserve. Make it look like you've got a compelling find...

Just to see it is a treat. And it's not even Halloween yet.

I love you and I want to have your babies.

:blush:

Too funny!

I don't follow the French, but I would have set it up with a "Buy it Now" at some outrageous price, but let folks bid on it anyway.  Or maybe have the "Reserve" at the outrageous price so noone would ever get there.  That way, a bunch of us could bid, but never get to the Reserve.  Make it look like you've got a compelling find...

Just to see it is a treat.  And it's not even Halloween yet.

The listing uses about 90% of my French vocabulary. It basically says "Rare Antique Spoon, Glass, and Topette Absinthe From the Belle Epoque."

I thought about doing what you said about the reserve and "Buy it Now", but ebay charges more for higher reserves. Besides, I'm starting to think maybe I should hold on to these rare and valuable items. One-of-a-kind you know.

XD

No think of the possibilities.. there might actually be some nitwit around that would bid on it!

I almost got my morning coffee up my nose and all over my computer. Hilarious.

Keep us informed ...

I like the authentic czech absinthe spoon that comes with it.

It's good to see someone who respects the long-standing traditions of absinthe culture found in Czechland.

Well, the auction has ended with no bids. So much for my little scheme. I did receive quite a few responses, though. They either complimented my sense of humour in French or they asked something like "Est-ce que le bouchon de la topette est d'origine?" I'm assuming questions of that sort were jokes.

I'm trying a more honest approach this time. Check out the Absinthiana section of feeverte.net.

http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2825