peridot

Music Project 2010

Thanks for picking it up and I'm glad you enjoyed it Zombie! :cheers:

Sooo obvious, but it didn't occur to me until just now...the actual web address for WS should be on the back of the jewel case. Maybe something about "for the facts about absinthe, history, science, and reviews visit..." or "Curious about absinthe? Learn the truth behind the myths at...".

I was thinking of it since I've given the CD to several friends and relatives who don't know much about absinthe (ok, many of them probably know more than they ever thought they wanted to after talking with me), and though CD recipients can always Google WS if they want, it's nice to have a link right on the packaging.

Yeah, I didn't think about that either. Then again the whole idea of each person buying a bunch of copies so that they could distribute them to friends who are not WS members was something I didn't foresee either. When people started buying 5, 6, 7 copies I was shocked. I kinda figured that if you own a copy you got it here.

Yep, since it started as thing for the forum members, like the calendar it just didn't seem necessary. But it's super awesome that folks picked up extra copies and distributed them (personally I ended up giving a couple copies to folks I didn't anticipate would want it, I may need to order a few more at some point)!

Since we know that it can potentially serve to educate to the curious as well, we can make sure it gets added on the packaging for the next go around.

Someone did a short video of their absinthe collection featuring one of my songs on the disc. Just search for "precenphix" on YouTube and it should show up. Keep in mind this is only the opening track to the disc and not representative of what any of the other songs sound like, but at least you get to hear one of them.

Can I listen the WS CD somewhere (youtube for example) before purchasing one ?

- Marcelo

Other than what precenphix mentioned, I don't believe so. We kept most of the songs up on the project MySpace page until work officially began on the new one, and then I removed the songs.

But it's only a $2 CD, plus shipping.

The first volume is done, but we're currently looking at submissions for the second volume. The deadline is Nov 15 2010.

Check out the very first post in this thread for all the details. :cheers:

Edited by Green Baron

Not late for the 2010 one. I know I haven't been able to start something yet.

Edit: What GB said!

Edited by scuto

I'm on such a brutal death metal kick that I'm considering doing one in that style for this, just to keep things from getting too comfortable.

My ears haven't stopped bleeding since the last time you were in my car. :dry:

Doubtful I’ll throw this into the hat for the 2010 Music Project, but I thought I’d make mention of it in here rather than anywhere else on the board.

A couple months ago, a friend of mine who records and releases his own music under the name Ill Cosby on his own net label, Car Crash Set, put out a multi-part single called “The Powerful”. I missed the boat on his request for a remix by the time he was putting them out in the states. But, he’s repackaged all the remixes of this song onto an international version where my reconstruction of his track is an exclusive.

Unlike most people who “remix”, I really don’t like using an artist’s source material any more than I have to. I like to rebuild things from the ground up. This is something I did with another friend’s song on the first Wormwood Society Music Project disc (my complete re-working of Profolyx’s “Hyperextention” with my remix title “Gray Raqyia Reconstruction”.) This one’s no different.

The original version of Ill Cosby’s “The Powerful” as well as everyone else's and my version (the last one on the EP) can be listened to here:

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_de...releaseid=24853

If you’d like a more direct, high quality preview of my version, you can find it here:

http://www.soundcloud.com/precenphix

I finally took the Soundcloud plunge after Zebox buggered off.

Let me know what you think. There’s a similar sound palate to some things on the WS CD, but done in a different way. Dig the tape loops...

And not to pimp him up too much, but buy an mp3 or two if you like 'em and support his label...

Edited by precenphix

Nice y'all!

Unlike most people who “remix”, I really don’t like using an artist’s source material any more than I have to. I like to rebuild things from the ground up. This is something I did with another friend’s song on the first Wormwood Society Music Project disc (my complete re-working of Profolyx’s “Hyperextention” with my remix title “Gray Raqyia Reconstruction”.) This one’s no different.

Cool to hear a different perspective on it. For some remixes I've limited myself to only the source materials, but sound-designed the crap out of them, calling it a sort of de-/re-composition. Haven't done one in a while, so I can't say how I'd work now.

I need to get my tuchus on soundcloud!

I just now got around to checking the music project email, and there was a submission from Ubu!

It's a really great track. I've uploaded it to the project MySpace page if anyone is interested. It's the last song listed. I tend to like to move the newest submissions to the top but something is wrong with MySpace's function for reordering the tracks right now.

Everyone, you only have four months left to submit work, so get cracking.

Awesome, I really like his stuff and I know he wanted to get something submitted for this round! I think Ryan mentioned that he might end up with more tracks but I'm not sure.

I'm excited that a friend who hasn't been using his bass guitar much offered to long-term lend it to me out of the blue. It will be most helpful, since a lot of music I've been wanting to explore is highly bass dependent and none of my VSTi bass sounds will quite do.

I've got something brewing that's kind of similar to Spacy Booze Content, but I still have to decide if -and what- guitar parts might be too cheesily melodic- or if they're legitimately pretty.

In the meantime I'm also fooling around with an awesome mellotron VSTi that has endless possibilities for absinthe music.

Edited by Green Baron

That sounds awesome.

My ancient Audigy breakout box isn't working with Windows 7, so I just bought a Tascam USB interface on eBay. Once that thing comes in I'll be back to recording.

Absolutely! There are no limits on musical styles. Just check the first post of this thread for all the details.

I just bought a Tascam USB interface on eBay. Once that thing comes in I'll be back to recording.

When you've used it some, I'd like to know how you like it. I have a PreSonus USB interface, which has great preamps but is a little quirky. Plus, it doesn't have line-level inputs. If the preamps weren't so good, I would have already sold it.

Well, I don't really need it to do anything but give me a 1/4 inch line in, a mic line in with phantom power, direct monitoring, and a headphone jack. So it's working fine. I'm running my Line 6 Spider II 150-watt head directly into it and then recording in Reaper.

Got one song idea fleshed out. Just needs vocals and some production work. It's a sort of upbeat, prog-metal song.

I check this thread out from time to time, and just reading you posts makes me excited for the next cd :thumbup: , always a pleasure to support non commercial musician