peridot

Musique d'Absinthe, Volume 1

wsproduct.jpg

After all the work that everyone has put in, we finally have something that everyone can enjoy.

To purchase a copy (or copies) just go click on the image above. You can rotate and open the virtual CD case online (it's a template, so it will look better in real life).

This album is priced to move, not to make a profit. The CD itself costs $2.00. Shipping starts at $4.00 for one and goes up by increments of a dollar or less as you add copies, so it's more economical to buy a bunch at a time if you want to give some to friends.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this possible. Joe, for coming up with the idea, precenphix for just staying on it the entire year and helping set the guidelines, Green Baron for creating the most excellent artwork, Phoenix for coming up with the saucer-as-disc concept, and everyone who submitted a track to fill this baby up. Unfortunately, y'all have to buy your own copies just like I do. ;)

Cheers, everyone.

Edit: I have removed most of the submissions from the MySpace page, but left a few tracks up as a preview. Just go here to get an idea of what sort of stuff is on the compilation.

It would be really cool if we could get a link for selling it on the main page. :)

Done.

Great job gang! Special thanks to you, Peridot for running the project, and to Green Baron for taking on the cover art (which I volunteered for and then bailed because I got crazy busy) and doing such a brilliant design, and thanks to all of the contributing musicians! I listened to the great samples, I can't wait to hear the rest!

Cheers! :cheers:

TWO DOLLAR?!! :thumbup:

Yeah. Production costs are low, the artists are not being paid, the artwork was free, the mastering cost nothing, etc. Most of the things that cause CDs to cost as much as they do just don't apply here.

The idea is for people to not have to spend more than $6 on a CD (which is pretty typical of very underground stuff). Many CD distributors offer free shipping, because they've already factored that and everything else into the price itself. You're just seeing the total price divided into two separate figures. That's kind of annoying; I wish they didn't do that, but the shipping rate is variable, and then there's other shipping options on top of it.

Edit: one more thing. Kunaki deletes inactive products. If one is not sold for 180 days it's deleted. I can upload it again but it will have a different UPC code. Not that it probably matters. But in any case, we want these to remain available as new volumes come out somebody has to buy one copy every now and then. :)

Yeah. Last time I did a project with them I got the CDs in 2 business days. It was ridiculous.

First sales update. 18 copies sold since I made the first post in this thread 6 hours ago. Not freaking bad.

That's a quick $36. Has word of this spread to FV, LL or other absinthe outlets? I'm wondering what kind of reception it'll receive.

Meh. Don't care, really. It would be just one more thing the anti-WS folks will hate on. You know, because of all the evil sellout CO's getting all corporationy.

TimRobbins.jpg

Ordered, btw.

I can't verify this, but I think it's fine to end a sentence in a preposition if it is part and parcel of the verb's intended meaning. "What do you want to listen to?" is fine, because 'listen' needs 'to.' "What does the picture hang on?" might need correcting because a picture can just hang there and it isn't weird grammatically to not include on what it hangs. It's kinda weird conceptually, though.

That was some ramblin' right there.

I listened to the great samples, I can't wait to hear the rest!

Cheers! :cheers:

Peer pressure to be on Vol. 2! Acoustic viol... guitar would add a whole new dimension to the next compilation.

Ouf!!!! :shock: I was going to send you my track today....

I sent a PM to green baron who got in touch with me but I don't really remember a deadline being set for it..if there was then I apologize cause I didn't see it

Shame cause I really wanted to to contribute my track to it

:(

oh well, maybe we can use it for volume 2?

Meh. Don't care, really. It would be just one more thing the anti-WS folks will hate on. You know, because of all the evil sellout CO's getting all corporationy.

Who gives a fuck what they think? Positive or negative, they're irrelevant.

Oh, and Wayek, we'll get you on Volume 2 for sure. I plan on announcing it in a few days and starting accepting submissions right at that moment. :thumbup:

And now we've sold 23 copies in one day. I don't know about the rest of you, but that right there is enough validation for me for doing this, and for doing it again.

And now we've sold 23 copies in one day. I don't know about the rest of you, but that right there is enough validation for me for doing this, and for doing it again.

That's nothing but excellent news.

It would be really cool if we could get a link for selling it on the main page. :)

Done.

Just saw this. Thanks!

In for a few. This is a great way to promote the site, IMO. I will be handing these out to a few WS lurkers I know in hopes that it will bring them out, and convince them them to join the site.

Happy Holidays!

24 hours and my CD still hasn't been delivered!

Check with Brian. He normally has the inside track on this sort of issue. And if you have a complaint, it's best to raise it directly in a PM with the vendor.

My order shipped already!

Joe, yours is shipped and traveling first class US mail. Should be there in a couple days. I would say Saturday if it weren't for there being no mail tomorrow, so probably Monday. :)

And Zman, you're awesome.