Graham

newcomer introductions

Newbie here with the first box of elixir and two freshly washed as yet unused Pontarlier glasses. I've been lurking and reading some of the Wormwood Society post with interest also with uncertain and trepidation as I placed my first order with Alandia before I found you and I haven't seen much nice about them in the posts.

My order arrived in good shape and on time; Un Emile 45, Francios Guy, Partisane '04, Kuber 53 and La Fee Parisian. I wanted mostly smaller half bottles as I have never had absinthe before and they had several available. I must say that I was sweating though as I had never done business with them or anybody in the world of the green faerie.

Do you still have the deal on hand blown Pontarlier glasses? they really are lovely.

Welcome Graham! :cheers:

I was just about to answer your email about the glasses, but I'll do it here.

I don't have any on hand, but if there's enough interest and I can get pre-orders, I'll be happy to start offering them again. I'll need pre-orders for at least 12 glasses.

My order arrived in good shape and on time; Un Emile 45, Francios Guy, Partisane '04, Kuber 53 and La Fee Parisian.

Decent first order. Partisane sucks, in my opinion. Not utterly-undrinkable-sucks like some czech swill, just ordinary why-did-they-make-it-sucks. The others are OK. Good enough to be finished, if I had bottles of them around - and a decent introduction to different styles. Still better stuff out there, so you also have something to look forward to.

I placed my first order with Alandia before I found you and I haven't seen much nice about them in the posts.

I've never dealt with Alandia. Burning sugar on their entrance page doesn't call for much credit, but they have some decent stuff, as you are about to find out.

I'll join the welcome chorus :cheers:

Which one should I try first? I have the cheap date alcohol gene not the hollow leg gene so one is it for tonight, most any night.

Should it be Un Emile 45, François Guy, Partisane '04, Kübler 53, or La Fee Parisian? Well maybe I could have a little bit more then one.

Add another welcome, Graham!

My first order was from Alandia. I've since followed with additional orders and the service has been spot on. I've also ordered from Liqueurs de France and they were great, too.

I've had the Un Emile and the Kübler and think both are good. 'Probably prefer the Kübler.

Either would be fine for a first effort.

Thanks to Auguru for your excellent suggestions. The Un Emile was fine and delicate and the Kübler more bold. Yes I had two and some Pouilly - Fuisse with my salmon and I'm still standing

Hiya Graham

My first order was from Markus in Germany, because well, it's a bit closer to me.

As for good starters, that's up to you really. My first proper Absinthe was Kübler53, which I enjoyed pretty much, but looking back over time now there are so many nice Absinthes with each it's own qualities.