Sign in to follow this  
1a-absinthe.com

5 last bottles of Helfrich verte

Bill knows that I snatched up a bottle a couple months ago when the word got out about Helfrich no longer continuing in it's present existence. I should have snatched up a couple. I think I posted about it at the other place, but the store eludes me now. It may have been Markus.

[Edit] Now I remember. It was eAbsinthe. They had it on 25% discount, which virtually negated the shipping charge. I was happy with that arrangement. It appears they're all out now, as I would imagine most places are.

Current researches state that the thujone contents of historic absinthes was not higher than in our days. However few samples should represent the whole rich absinthe culture of the 19th century. Maybe the clients of that study who are in part big players in the absinthe business, have an eye on the awaking US market where the thujone contents is limited to 10mg/kg.

Or maybe those who are big players in the thujone business have an eye on discrediting the studies only because of who is involved in them, instead of discussing any actual scientific flaws they may contain.

I'd love a couple of those but your pesky thujone stuff is getting in the way.

I see what you mean, OMG_Bill...I'm reaching for my 10-foot-pole even now...he can keep the Helfrich. It's good absinthe, but if I absolutlely have to have a bottle, I'll get it somewhere else.

Edited by Marlow

What makes a vendor reputable or honorable enough to do business with can be measured in different ways.

This vendor supported Helfrich's business by marketing his absinthe globally, and what's more, now that his handful of bottles is actually getting to be the last of the last, he's still selling it at the same price as before. When Pernod's "Oxygenée" re-issue was cancelled, vendors the world over started doubling and tripling the price to gouge collectors.

And that absinthe was on the low end of "crappy". This is Helfrich. And I want my Helfrich absinthe. And this vendor got it to me safe and on time at the normal price. And now everybody knows where my priorites lie with regards to Booze vs. Social Responsibility. I've got the bottles. Neener neener.

And now everybody knows where my priorites lie with regards to Booze vs. Social Responsibility. I've got the bottles. Neener neener.
:laf: