phdezra

Two bottles (full) and a Brouilleur (new) for sale.

(Post edited thanks to Joe L's comments to suggest price, not bidding. Thank you!)

Hi all. Still relatively new to Absinthe, but loving it and drinking a couple glasses every weekend. In the course of sampling friends and my own, I've purchased four bottles (all opened), but only keeping two. I also picked up an extra brouilleur, but only need one so I'm selling the spare. Since I'm not here to profit off of fellow Absintheurs, instead of breaking this into multiples sales, I'm just going to simply sell it all in one lot. Picture at bottom of listing.

I purchased everything as described for just under $200 ($197), but happy to have this go to another Absinthe lover for half that rather than have it sit idle in my office. I'll let it all go for $100 plus $10 shipping via USPS Priority Mail and you can hopefully have it in time for the holiday! :cheers: Please post/PM me if interested.

A. "Brouilleur No.1" as purchased from Absinthe Devil for $49.95: http://www.absinthedevil.com/product_p/abs...leur%20no.1.htm Item is in mint, new condition. I did run water through it to check out the action (hey, you wouldn't be able to resist either).

B. Absinthe: Duplais Swiss Absinthe Verte (750ml) purchased from DUNY for $79. Bottle was opened, but it's ninety-five percent full. I only poured one glass to sample it. In the photo, the absinthe is full up to the level where you see three circular white light reflection on the neck of bottle (even though reflection might look otherwise); I have drawn a green line in photoshop at the approx level). http://www.drinkupny.com/Duplais_p/s0684.htm

C. Absinthe: Emile Pernot "Vieux Pontarlier" Francais Superieure (750ml) purchased from DUNY for $67. Same situation as other bottle--just one glass poured. http://www.drinkupny.com/Vieux_Pontarlier_p/s0683.htm

Payment and Shipping: You are welcome to come to my office in New York to pick it all up (of course not practical for most of you), otherwise I will ship via USPS Priority Mail with tracking confirmation. PayPal OK or cash in person. Or, you can send a personal check.

post-2730-1260830486_thumb.jpg

Edited by phdezra

Addendum: Also just found a new glass (spare) with some of the store sticker on it (bottom of glass visible in photo). I'll squeeze this into the shipping box as well (no need to bid on it separately as it'll just be a freebie since I do not need it as I do not usually imbibe at my office). I forget which site I purchased it from, but probably Absinthe Devil as well.

post-2730-1260830841_thumb.jpg

You must have us confused with eBay.

Expecting members to bid against one another is:

A. Poor form.

and

B. Not likely to happen.

As you are "Still relatively new" I prefer to think this was a little faux pas. If you must auction it off, I suggest finding a site dedicated to such sales. Otherwise, I think you would be better served by simply posting a price or let interested parties PM you for prices. I strongly suspect, an auction here would not serve you well.

As you are "Still relatively new" I prefer to think this was a little faux pas. If you must auction it off, I suggest finding a site dedicated to such sales. Otherwise, I think you would be better served by simply posting a price or let interested parties PM you for prices. I strongly suspect, an auction here would not serve you well.

Thanks, Joe. Definitely a faux pas unbeknownst to me; thanks for pointing this out. I revised original posting to reflect a price. Cheers.

Edited by phdezra