chaosman

Why hello there

I am from California and decided to join this forum as it seems to be more active than other absinthe related forums. Been drinking and collecting absinthe for a few years now. Had my first glass in Spain a few years ago and have been blowing my pay checks on it ever since. Cheers!

Welcome to the WS! Why don't you share some more about yourself so we can figure out what your chaotic self is all about? Do you have an affinity for chaos theory? Do you have a favorite brand of absinthe? And California is quite large you know, whereabouts are you? I'm down in Orange County myself, home of nice roads, Disneyland, the Angels, and a few decent booze stores with a nice variety of absinthe.

Welcome to the WS! Why don't you share some more about yourself so we can figure out what your chaotic self is all about? Do you have an affinity for chaos theory? Do you have a favorite brand of absinthe? And California is quite large you know, whereabouts are you? I'm down in Orange County myself, home of nice roads, Disneyland, the Angels, and a few decent booze stores with a nice variety of absinthe.

My chaotic self remains a mystery :twitchsmile: However funny you are from Orange County because I am from OC too..South county. Which booze stores do you hit up for absinthe? I go to Hi-Time Wine in Costa Mesa, and Total Wine and More in Tustin.

My fav absinthes are La Clandenstine for blanche and St George for Verte!

My chaotic self remains a mystery :twitchsmile: However funny you are from Orange County because I am from OC too..South county. Which booze stores do you hit up for absinthe? I go to Hi-Time Wine in Costa Mesa, and Total Wine and More in Tustin.

My fav absinthes are La Clandenstine for blanche and St George for Verte!

Hi-Time Wine is great, but I'm closest to the Irvine BevMo on Culver and Edinger so I usually stop by there for booze. They have a number of decent brands including Obsello, Kübler, and Mansinthe. Although really I don't find myself buying any of those except Obsello, and the rest of my absinthe has come from drinkupny.com of late, because there are just too many good absinthes available at comparable prices that blow most of the BevMo stuff out of the water. Vieux Carre and Vieux Pontarlier are ridiculous values at $56 and $65, respectively, imho, and Leopold is great at $72. And they also carry the higher end of the spectrum with Jade NO, Marteau, Pacifique. Annoyingly they no longer carry the Delaware Phoenix absinthes, which are excellent, but I think there are some other sites that have them.