Heavy Harpoon

Brut d'Alembic Essai no.5 is out!

Text on a screen sometimes doesn't get the sentiment/humor/attitude/understanding that one may be trying to convey.

I had to re-read your post after your explanation to understand what you were trying to get across.

It makes sense to me now. :)

Have a nice day! :wave2:

Sol2Sol, I don't think Ron was doing anything other than giving helpful info. I know he wasn't putting you down in any way. Sometimes with typed words it's easy to hear them in ways they aren't intended. Don't be so sensitive! You're welcome here, and in the past if one or two people were possibly rude to you, it is NOT the typical member.

Best, Scott

To be honest, I kind of read it in a sarcastic way too, since anyone with eyes can read the LDF website description, their receipt, or the tag on the bottle :rolleyes: . Essai is also just easier to type than Blanche Traditionelle Absinthe "Brut d'Alambic" Essai 5.

-Mr. Footloosan'fancyfree

Sadly, I stopped contributing to this forum(posting wise) many months ago because of uncalled for rude comments made in regards to simple posts I've made. Your comment a fine example of why I won't be posting on these forums again.

Yep. Definitely overly sensitive. It's too bad you took that so obviously and terribly wrong, as I'm about as friendly as they come. Having said that, I'm under no pressure to prove myself or to coddle the overly sensitive. The statement I made was just exactly what it said it was. An fyi.

Good luck!

Sadly, I stopped contributing to this forum(posting wise) many months ago because of uncalled for rude comments made in regards to simple posts I've made. Your comment a fine example of why I won't be posting on these forums again.

I'm sorry to keep this going, but I'd be very interested in seeing examples of rude and uncalled for comments directed towards you. Having just went back through all of the posts you've made back to 2008, I don't see much of anything that could be considered rude or uncalled for.

I saw one post where techdiver noted to you that you don't need to quote the post directly above yours, and you made a snarky comment back about it, but neither was his post rude, nor uncalled for. Especially since we not only give that same advice to anyone who does it, but it's also explained in the 'READ THIS FIRST' thread for newbies.

I'm sorry you feel that you have been mistreated. I'd really like to see what posts offended you. I truly think you might have just taken them the wrong way.

I went back and looked at my post again as well to see if there was truly anything insulting. I couldn't find anything. But in the interest of making everyone happy, I made an appropriate edit which I think should defuse any tension.

Happy Edit:

118729.jpg

You can't post something like, "The sky sure is blue today" on the internet without someone replying, "FYI, The sky is just a layer of the atmosphere under which we live, It is made up of several colorless gases. The gasses interact with the light coming from the sun to give the impression of color. So it's not really blue."

Welcome to the internet. Pull up a chair and try not to take it too seriously. :wave2:

Edited by Phoenix

I'm about as friendly as they come.
I thought I was about as friendly as they come. Here you come challenging me for Most Friendly as They Come?! Hah! The gauntlet has been thrown and I accept your challenge for a Most Friendly as They Come Off! Badmitten Rackets at noon on July 24th. You are a cretin and a coward if you don't accept my challenge...unless the pig needs turning or basting, of course.

I accept your challenge

I surrender! Everyone knows you're the Mayor of Friendly Town. Besides, I'll be eating crispy pig ears while you're sweating on the badminton court.

You can't post something like, "The sky sure is blue today" on the internet without someone replying, "FYI, The sky is just a layer of the atmosphere under which we live, It is made up of several colorless gases. The gasses interact with the light coming from the sun to give the impression of color. So it's not really blue."

...and yet water really is blue. Or so they tell me. :shifty:

Is that pig cheeks essai #5?

I don't think we'll have 5 pigs to spare, so we better get it all right on essai #1! Otherwise enjoy the potato salad.

I said I wouldn't post again, but never say never. :twitchsmile: I'm just now reading through this thread after my outburst and I'm embarrassed. Life hasn't been that great for me the last year or so and I did way overreact to Ron's comment. I was just having fun and relaxing for the first time in a long while when I made my original 'Essai' post in this thread. I took Ron's 'fyi' as a correction. I apologize for being overly sensitive. I promise to here on out refer to absinthe's by their name proper.

All that said and I think I'm gonna go louche a glass of ESSAI # 5! :laf:

Seriously though, I'm sorry for acting like an ass. I hope I'm still welcome here.

Forums and e-mails are tricky. When we're not at our best, (and even when we are) it's easy to add emotions and meanings that are not there, as we are all victims of our individual filters. The use of those stupid smileys and emoticons as goofy as they are, often help to demonstrate/clarify one's mood. Using them in order to be understood clearly is an art form. For example: :chop: :poop: :puke: :dead:

Is clearly a comment about what I made for dinner last night from my 2 year old's point of view.

I have on many occasion made an ass of myself. It is one of the things I'm great at. I enjoy being great at something. Now let's drink some absinthe! :cheers:

For example: :chop: :poop: :puke: :dead:

Is clearly a comment about what I made for dinner last night from my 2 year old's point of view.

:laugh: