KATZBLAK

Greetings

Salutes and salutations to all on this forum :cheers: ! I hale from a fairly boring tourist city in Virginia, on the Atlantic Coast. I knew about absinthe from a general interest in European history, but was not aware that Europe had let the Green Fairy flow again. About six months ago I was watching Anthony Bourdain's show on the Travel Channel entitled "Why the French don't Suck," and there it was a segment on Oscar Wilde (his death place anyway) and absinthe. . .I was giddy as a prom girl at the prospects of obtaining some of high quality. As an avid wine drinker (and mechanical engineer) too, I don't just go out and buy without fully researching the topic.

This led me to the Wormwood Society and the rest is history. LDF is the only place I've dealt with, and may be my sole provider, as I honour customer service, and they have proven they deserve my business. . .And I've given them plenty. Anyways. . Hello, and hopefully I'll have some good contributions.

Welcome, KATZBLACK! Good to see a fellow Virginian here. Williamsburg is the only city I can think of here that would motivate people to visit our state..excuse me, commonwealth. :cheers:

welcome,

Is it just me or is cats the most prominent theme in WS avatars?

I don't know WHAT you're talking about!

Welcome to the board either way! :cheers:

Welcome, oh feline one!

This led me to the Wormwood Society and the rest is history

Isn't it interesting how history can be made in less than a year? Not meant to be sly, I count myself in the same camp.

(I just love how "prom girl" and "mechanical engineer" end up in the same paragraph. Life's opportunities tell me THESE are the "good old days".)

Welcome, Katz. Meow.

LDF is the only place I've dealt with, and may be my sole provider, as I honour customer service, and they have proven they deserve my business.

Yup, LdF are great. There are, though, a few good reasons not to have them as a sole provider - such as Montmartre, Bugnon's Clandestine and Duplais.

welcome,

Is it just me or is cats the most prominent theme in WS avatars?

I don't know WHAT you're talking about!

My wife and I have four big ones. . Needless (the black one featured in the avatar) is one of a more camera frendly nature.

Welcome Katz!   

Our feline plot to take over the forum is going exactly as planned :devil: 

mwaaahaa haaa haaa

I have got to get that poster that you have for your avatar! :)

Or perhaps this Thanksgiving when I crack open the Absinthe Edouard I've been storing, I can recreate it using my black cat "Needles." In an earlier post I didn't notice until now his name was spelled wrong do to a sticky "e" key on my work computer.

Welcome Katz!   

Our feline plot to take over the forum is going exactly as planned :devil: 

mwaaahaa haaa haaa

I have got to get that poster that you have for your avatar! :)

Or perhaps this Thanksgiving when I crack open the Absinthe Edouard I've been storing, I can recreate it using my black cat "Needles." In an earlier post I didn't notice until now his name was spelled wrong do to a sticky "e" key on my work computer.

We just got a kitten and were planning on doing the same thing!

Enjoy the Edouard, it's my favorite :clap: