Sign in to follow this  
Fixedspiral

Ab-Synth Fuzz Pedal by FuzzHugger(fx)

I don't how many musicians there are around here, but I figure at least Peridot might feel me on this one. It's a pretty nifty high gain fuzz pedal with footswitchable on/off oscillation mode built by boutique effects brand FuzzHugger(fx). The sound's alright, but the graphic makes me wanna drop $$$ on it.

abs-lady.jpg

Peridot might feel me

You musicians are weird.

Now, you're going to take delight in stepping on that cute girl holding your glass of absinthe for you. ;)

Cool graphic.

Don't have much use for fuzz pedals, though. I hate having an array of pedals and much prefer using a solid state amp with all onboard effects and an easy foot controller (for the very few effects I ever use).

But I have to say those Uni-Vibe contraptions are pretty sweet. They actually remind me, in appearance, of late 70s video game consoles.

Peridot might feel me

You musicians are weird.

Now, you're going to take delight in stepping on that cute girl holding your glass of absinthe for you. ;)

I'd stomp that box... ;)

The originals still have a unique sound that a lot of the "boutique vibes" don't quite capture.

True, ain't nothin' like the sound out of an old original Univibe.. 'specially with a little help...

IMG_0496d-1.jpg

Y'all make me want to dig up my old guitar, restring it, and play regardless of how much my hand hurts, damn surgery. Screw it, I am, even if it's only punk that im playing. Music is music

The originals still have a unique sound that a lot of the "boutique vibes" don't quite capture.

True, ain't nothin' like the sound out of an old original Univibe.. 'specially with a little help...

I guess I should drag out the all the ancient pedals, I think the newest pedals I own, are an old Roger Mayer Octavia, and a first run TS-808 still in the box, that I bought back when they first came out.

Those are excellent and also valuable, if its a mint first run...the newer reverse engineered Hendrix Octavio is a superb Octavia sound nowadays ,and the TS-808 kit mods are fun to build from GGG...

Eh, I'm a DOD junky (even had a website dedicated to archiving them for a short while). Astoundingly unfashionable I know. But over the last 20+ years, I just kept coming back to 'em. Sound:Price ratio fits me well. Right now my pedal board has five DOD's, one vintage Digitech, and two newer Digitechs.

I kept trying boutique stuff, but that FX50b Overdrive Plus I bought 22 years ago is still my favorite dirt pedal.

ACHHK!!!

The vintage pedals I have traded off makes me sick to think about.

I still wonder where my Morley Pro Flanger that was old when I got it in the 80s' wound up.

Edited by mattsback

Back on the original topic, on the "Trip" knob, how about adding "Balls" on the max end of the scale :rolleyes:

With regards to gain, I really like my Marshall JCM900, it goes up to 20 with ear-bleeding, face-melting sound :blowup: . As for effects, I have a Rockman XP100 that I still haven't fully explored. It's got compression, pre-eq, chorus, reverb, echo, distortion, effects loop (as if I need more), post eq... well, too much to list but totally cool. :devil: :headbang: Playing my Washburn EC-36 through either of them is a delight.

Edited by Misanthrope

Just sent payment for one - been looking for it since I saw it here. :bguitar:

And no, Joe - I won't be stepping on her, per se.

Baubel's right - a green muse at my feet! :wub:

Just noticed the OP attached the image for the older 4-knob version - I got the 5-knob - adds a "GAIN" control.

Edited by Herbaceous Vic

Gorgeous piece, but these days, I just can't seem not to destroy anything I stomp on within a year. Guess it's time to downgrade to lighter boots...