Jim Francis

Absinthe for sale

Everyone: thank you so much for the support I have received. Speaking with Gwydion Stone was a real treat - a very gracious, generous man with serious detective skills. And to Joe Legate, OMG_Bill, Brian Robinson, Ron, you are all generous, warm individuals with generous hearts. And to the many other wonderful members of this society - thank you.

I have a few items left that I want to offer up at this forum. All priced well below market value to sell quick.

I am not much of a spoon person since I do not take sugar with my absinthe but I have 7 very old spoons I would like to offer up. Please make an offer on any of these and we'll go from there.

Also, I have a few preban samples (from Oxy) left that I am willing to part with and a bottle of the recent 1950' Pernod Fils cache , also from Oxy, that is unopened, silver foil intact, very good level (top of embossed "Pernod" glass seal), and most of the label. Most of these bottles had no label at all but he sent me one with some still intact.

Spoons:

These images were done on a scanner and as a result don't look the best. If you want a picture with a camera, just let me know.

Les Ouvrages #9, very good quality - image here

Maison Arthaud - fantastic quality, some slight fading on bottom - barely noticeable - bought from mthuilli for $200 - not looking for that amount image here

(2x) #1 Not sure of the name but very standard - image here

(2x) #2 Not sure of the name but very standard - image here

#3 Not sure of the name but very standard - image here

-------------

Preban samples:

Pernod Fils

4 50ml samples 1914 cache $180 ea

C. F. Berger

25ml - 1910 $250

Edouard Pernod

50ml - 1905 $200

50ml - Jules Pernod 1910 $200

30ml - Premier Fils 1910 $180

-------------

1950's full Pernod Fils bottle: $450 (I can get pictures - just ask)

I haven't been on for what seems ages now, but whatever your past and whatever is happening now that requires such a clearout, welcome Jim and I hope things look up.

:cheers:

I thought I'd stop in to say that I bought the Eddy and Twin Tec from Jim. They arrived today safe and sound. In fact, I'm enjoying a glass of the Eddy as I type this and it's a real treat. I do love my Jade Edouard. It's definitely my favorite in the Jade line.

Thanks Jim!

I finished shipping everything today (other than the two from last week). Still waiting on a check and then everything that sold will be shipped. Here's what I have left:

Preban samples priced to sell quick:

Pernod Fils

2 50ml samples 1914 cache $180 ea

C. F. Berger

25ml - 1910 $250

Edouard Pernod

50ml - 1905 $200

50ml - Jules Pernod 1910 $200

30ml - Premier Fils 1910 $180

3 50ml samples of Pernod Fils Absinthe 1960 $40 ea.

Also found out that I have and will sell:

Duval-Dubied (1895) absinthe 50ml - $200

H Bazinet Juenne (1910) 30ml - $180

E. Albado Cuban Absinthe (1935) 30ml - $150

Grand Distillerie Lyonnaise (1895) 30ml - $170

All preban samples are now sold.

I have a few that I did not list here that I was holding on to. If you still desire a sample - PM me and I'll let you know what I have. I'm done to about 3 and that's the end of my collection. I need to see exactly what is left. Sad to see these all go.

Joe - congrats on your first run! Looks like a success!

Right now my son has about three weeks left in the casts. He's getting used to it but is still very frustrated whenever he wants to do anything. I think the itching is bothering him the most. We'll be switching to lighter casts next and should be much easier to deal with. We'll see!

I received a big ol' box of bottles from Jim today (actually two boxes... they were double-boxed and packaged very well). Just wanted to send Jim a big THANK YOU... He obviously could have charged quite a bit more for these bottles, especially the ones that are out of production. He also gave me a break on shipping. Regardless of the past, it's nice to have someone with Jim's experience back on the forums. Hope all works out for the best, and hope you kept a bottle or two of VC around for yourself :cheers:

I thought I'd stop in to say that I bought the Eddy and Twin Tec from Jim.

Now I know who beat me to that Eddy! If someone ends up at your door with a "Will work for Jade" sign, you can assume it's me :devil:

I received the bottle I ordered from Jim just a few minutes ago. Like with Funky D's order, mine was expertly wrapped (I don't even use that much bubblewrap when I mail my pottery!), and the bottle looks like it's in perfect condition.

I'll be having a little glass of absinthe later tonigh,t me thinks.

Thanks Jim!

:cheers: