Jim Francis

Absinthe for sale

I have some bottles that I've been holding on to and now need to sell due to an emergency. These prices are all below the cost of buying them new. All unopened and stored in cool cellar. I will make an even better deal for someone who buys either 6 bottles, or two bottles. I have shipping containers for 6 bottles, and two for sending 2 bottles each. Just let me know if there is any interest. I will of course send single bottles but you'll get a better deal if you buy more. Buy them all and get a GREAT deal! Shipping will be very fair. I am in the US so it should be around $7 a bottle but I will have to confirm with UPS. I have pictures for all of these. Here's what I have:

1 - Clandestine Absinthe 0 Artemisa - Dec '05 $55

1 - Eichelberger Absinthe '68 - 2005 or 2006 $45

1 - L'Italienne - first release $60

1 - Jade Nouvelle - Orleans - no date on bottle (2005?) $80

1 - Doubs Mystique (2007?) $50

1 - Twin Tec Absinthe - no date - original release $40

2 - Belle Amie 247 & 463 of 600 Jan. 2008 $60/ea.

1 - La Coquette 8/2008 $65

1 - Roquette original release $70

1 - Jade Edouard - November 2005 $80

1 - Maitresse rose colored absinthe 118/400 $50

------------------------------------------

1 - Perique - original batch - no date $45

Also selling four pre-ban glasses in excellent shape and have pictures of those too. They are in very, very good shape. Let me know if you're interested. They are swirl style and cut glass.

As an FYI, it's typically looked upon with skepticism when someone new (regarding post count) posts sales on the site.

Please proceed with caution.

Tommynar, please post pics of the bottles, and close-ups of the seals before proceeding any further with sales.

And here are the bottles:

Pictures of the bottles:

Clandestine Absinthe Picture

Eichelberger Absinthe '68 Picture

L'Italienne Picture

Jade Nouvelle - Orleans Picture

Doubs Mystique Picture

Twin Tec Absinthe Picture

Belle Amie Picture - front Picture - back

La Coquette Picture

Roquette Picture

Jade Edouard Picture 1 Picture 2

Maitresse Picture

Perique Picture

Pretty glasses. Don't get offended Tommynar. There used to be unscrupulous folks around that would re-bottle absinthe with dreck. Brian is only looking out for the membership. :cheers:

Pretty glasses. Don't get offended Tommynar. There used to be unscrupulous folks around that would re-bottle absinthe with dreck. Brian is only looking out for the membership. :cheers:

I understand 100% and I would do the same.

I've been around for years. No need for the skepticism. And I have people that will vouch for me.

Pardon me for being blunt, but you haven't been around here for years—at least not under this name.

When someone none of us has ever heard of shows up with an impressive collection, it raises eyebrows. Feel free to PM me a list of people in the absinthe community who know you and will vouch for you.

Good eyes, Gwydion. Please feel free to stop by more often.

I'm sure many of you will remember our ol' friend JMFranc? Maybe you'd get what you paid for, maybe not.

If it's my bad, I'll apologize but there are too many distinct similarities to ignore it. I thought better to act in haste than let someone get ripped off.

When someone none of us has ever heard of shows up with an impressive collection ....

It wasn't that impressive, was it? There are people round here with collections up to thirty times as big. Maybe more. Hell, there are people round here who might consider that a weekend's work.

Oh, wrong forum.

Yes, I really am Jim and I apologize for trying to mislead the people of WS and FV. I did it out of desperation to help my son but the offers of sale are completely legit. There are numerous people who will vouch for these items. There is no need to worry about any orders placed. I hope some people here will endorse me on this and post when they receive their bottles in perfect shape.

The items I have left are:

1 - Eichelberger Absinthe '68 - 2005 or 2006 $45

1 - Maitresse rose colored absinthe 118/400 $50

1 - Perique

Please note that I intend on posting as myself from now on and would like to get to know a number of you in a new light.

Thanks, Jim. I sincerely appreciate that. We all deserve a second chance.

As a father, all the best wishes on a speedy recovery to your little one. I hope the pain and discomfort disappear quickly.

(Totally unrelated to Jim: a Thumb-of-the-Nose to the dorks that called me a prick) :laugh:

Jim, although we've been hard on you in the past (rightfully so), I don't think I know anyone here who'd turn you away in the light of a true family emergency like what you've had happen to you.

We don't need to go into what exactly happened. That's not important.

You really should have just been truthful from the beginning. We would have helped.

To those of you who've made offers to buy his bottles, I sincerely believe JMFranc is not out to scam anyone on these transactions. Help the brother out.

Hopefully in the future, we won't see any more puppets and you won't be getting others into trouble by lying for you.

In either case, I hope everything goes well with your son, and I hope you realize that we're not the enemy. We frown on dishonesty, not on those in need of real help.

It's your thread, feel free to list anything else you'd like to clear out for a good cause.

I'm fairly tapped out now so it'll only break my heart a little. ;)

I had a productive phone conversation with Jim Francis this afternoon. He's promised to keep all dealings and communication here above-board.

Every one of us has mistakes in our past, some of which might be humiliating if brought to light. I sincerely believe Jim wants to participate here in good faith and he deserves a chance to redeem himself. Having a son that you want to be able to grow up to be proud of his dad will have that effect on you.

I promised Jim we'd go forward with a clean slate, let bygones be bygones, water under the bridge, etc., at least in terms of WS participation. Any unresolved business he may have elsewhere, if any, is his private business and has no place in board discussions.

I reminded him that we have no control over what happens outside WS, but that here he would get a fair shake. Any future allegations will have to be substantiated before seeing the light of day on the board.

I've changed his user name accordingly.