TheGreenOne

Chartreuse Question

You have to disclose to the Alky, Tobacco, & Gun bureau if you want to do business in the USA.

Proprietary info is not released to the public, at least according to their assurances.

I hate Chartreuse, but that's probably because I've never had the real thing, only the modern version, which a lot of people believe to be different from the pre 1970 versions (even though supposedly these monks pass on their secrets).

I'm of the opinion that even 10 herbs is too many, so I probably wouldn't like the original Chartreuse either.

Me likes the Chartreuse.

I recently picked up two bottles of Green V.E.P. in the wooden box for $35 each!

Regular Green Chartreuse is normally about $50.

Not that you haters would care anway. <_<

So is it the sweetness or overall herbal taste that those who dislike it, um, dislike it? I like sweet liqueurs, like Galliano and GM, although Yukon Jack makes me unload the groceries. Is it sweeter than those?

Good slivovic is yummy.

I've had bad, HG slivovic that was worse than Hill's. The first time I had to sink a glass of booze.

I had slivovic homemade from Bosnia. Tasted like acetone. Nartsy.

I've never been able to get drunk off of Chartreuse either, due to the taste. It tastes like perfume, not like a beverage, and believe me I know, having drank most perfumes at one time or another for their alcohol content.

The worst beverage ever is a chinese Sorghum whiskey by the name of Wu Liang Yi. I mentioned it on FV once. The only description I can think of for it is "dead whore's ass". I drank one shot and nearly puked.

Why, are you ADD/ADHD? :P

I have a feeling Van Gogh, and Rimbaud, among other fin de siecle French artistes, would have been classified similarly, had that designation been around back then...

I can only imagine what effect adding ritalin to their absinthe would have been. :shock:

If your only gage for being diagnosed ADD/ADHD is based on your ability to follow threads on a forum, perhaps your diagnosis is poorly discerned...What I mean to say is that NOBODY can follow a thread end to end, and actually make sense of it...

Least of all, when I decide to put my 200000 cents in! :devil: :cheers:

I can't imagine drinking enough Chartreuese to get drunk, but I don't hate it. I can take a few sips to blow out the taste buds after dinner. I like it a little more now that I know it's a distant cousin to absinthe.

I can sort of see what Gatsby means about the perfume presence, but it isn't bad enough to keep it from tasting like a food to product me.

Southern Comfort, now THAT tastes like perfume to me. Like I'm actually drinking a chemical perfume, not intended to be taken internally. I know lots of people love it, but WOW does it suck.

Good slivovic is yummy.

I've had bad, HG slivovic that was worse than Hill's. The first time I had to sink a glass of booze.

I know you fuckers got shitfaced on Slivovic, odd wines, home made Calvados and cheese fondue in Pontarlier.