Antoine

ABSINTHEXPLORE - Premium Absinthe Samples

What do you think of Le échantillonneur?

Thanks for the suggestion Swatantra, but the name has been chosen and it won't change a second time. ;)

The idea is sweet, by any name, and I really really like the idea.

Looking forward to further developments.

Has everything become settled between Peter and Antoine?

Owners, distillers and sellers would all enjoy a tremendous business boost

by having ala carte samples available, so i hope it all works out.

Peter, I phoned the distillery this morning. They gave me some explanation and told me the reason why you could react this way.

As I told you, before I included the Verte de Fougerolles and the Blanche de Fougerolles in my selection, I discussed it directly with the distillery to make sure they would be ok with this (as I did with every distillery).

I was told today that they were sure you would not have a problem with it for two reasons : I already sell these absinthes and it's a good way of promotion to include them in the selection of my concept.

They are going to contact you to clear this situation. The discussion should go on between you and the distillery, as it is your arrangement. After you discussed it with them, I'll be pleased to discuss it with you. However, I would appreciate to do it per email or PM, as it doesn't concern the concept itself.

of course it does, you've been PM'd...

I've always felt that when someone requests a subject be discussed in PM (rather politely, I might add), it's disingenuous to then publicly post "PM sent". Just had to get that last word in?

Edit: I think AbsinthExplore is a fantastic idea.

Disingenuous? Why? The PM wasn't posted here. PV's remark could just as easily be interpreted as courtesy rather than getting in the "last word."

I think Antoine's idea is a good one too, but PV's concerns--though obviously not disinterested--strike me as being entirely legitimate.

It's so easy to misinterpret on a forum. That's why those damn emoticons don't bother me. I try to assume the most innocent interpretation possible. It's usually the correct version and toes aren't stepped on.

It's so easy to misinterpret on a forum. That's why those damn emoticons don't bother me. I try to assume the most innocent interpretation possible. It's usually the correct version and toes aren't stepped on.

I'm pickin up what you are layin down Joe. While I don't think that emoticons are necessarily appropriate for business correspondence, they can help establish that one is being sarcastic, or comical.

:twitchsmile: :twitchsmile: :wheelchair: :puke: :wheelchair: :twitchsmile: :twitchsmile: :sarc:

I'm sending PMs totally free of charge* if anyone is feeling left out....

*Limit one complimentary PM per household, per lifetime. Any request of a second PM will result in your credit card being charged immediately, with a recurring charge of $27.95 per month, or $1.95 per PM. Please include your bank account and routing number in your initial reply. Failure to do so will result in severe consequences including, but not limited to, extortion, "special" meetings in the dark alley on your way home from work, and/or being forced to drink a gallon of LTV in one sitting.

if anyone is feeling left out....

I'm good but thanks for the offer. :heart: I'm probably through with PM's until I get more absinthe.* ;)

* absinthe and a nice PM seem to go well together. :cheers:

So far, I really like your PMs, Ben.

Wait, you have PMs?

Midol.

*Limit one complimentary PM per household, per lifetime. Any request of a second PM will result in your credit card being charged immediately, with a recurring charge of $27.95 per month, or $1.95 per PM. Please include your bank account and routing number in your initial reply. Failure to do so will result in severe consequences including, but not limited to, extortion, "special" meetings in the dark alley on your way home from work, and/or being forced to drink a gallon of LTV in one sitting.

Time to share the secrets of the PMs ;)

Pierreverte had the courtesy to discuss everything in PM. He gives me some explanations about the excusivity for the BDF and the VDF, which I didn't know before.

He was not completely against my concept and offered me the possibility to make all the samples for free, as a marketing cost.

Unfortunatly, this is not something I could afford and that's why I decided to take these 2 absinthes away from the selection of ABSINTHEXPLORE.

I respect his decision and I feel sorry that we had to come to such a discussion (as everything starts from a misunderstanding...). But no panic, there are plenty of good absinthes still available in the selection and many more coming at the beginning of next year.

And now, time for a drink ! :cheers:

I suggest putting in absinthes which are a bit more controversial, like the Neuzellers or the Toulouse Lautrec. I wouldn't mind trying samples of those but I'm not sure I'd buy a whole bottle without trying it first. It's great that Clandestine is there for people who are new but pretty much anyone here knows it's good and don't mind committing to a whole bottle. Love the concept, great way to make your website unique Antoine.

So far, I really like your PMs, Ben.

Wait, you have PMs?

Midol.

Hope those Midol did the trick. By the way, if you see anything a bit odd on your credit card statement the next month or three, no need to be alarmed and do something rash like, you know, contact Visa... :pirate:

Well said, Antoine. Good luck with it! :cheers:

Seconded, it's great that everything has been worked out! :cheers:

I like the concept, Antoine. :thumbup: There are several on the list I would love to try in sample form, to broaden my selection without ripping my wallet to shreds! ;)

I suggest putting in absinthes which are a bit more controversial, like the Neuzellers or the Toulouse Lautrec.

You're right. And that's what I'm going to do. The selection will become bigger and bigger (as the number of good absinthes is getting higher and higher) and that's these kinds of absinthes that I will include to the concept.

But I had to make a choice for the beginning and not everyone know absinthe like you do. That's why I made this selection. As example, Neuzeller is a good and interesting absinthe but I would never recommend to start with it.

I have to ask for a little bit patience. :)

The samples are about to arrive online. But before, let's play a small game :

Which absinthe is in each sample?

16636_170273349876_163137309876_2885320_4511647_n.jpg

Ok, it might be difficult without the name of the absinthe :

Mansinthe, St. Antoine, Libertine 68 Amer, Montmartre, Angélique Verte Suisse, Doubs Mystique.

You now just have to put them in the right order. Good luck ! ;)

Okay, I'll take a semi-random shot at it. From left to right:

Libertine 68 Amer, Montmartre, Mansinthe, Angélique Verte Suisse, Doubs Mystique, St. Antoine.