Ron

Jade line available end of November

Any word yet for the late comers? I know, I know, I'd shoot them an order myself but alas my fundage is severely depleted until January. Looks like no free shipping pour moi. I'm still banging my head against the desk for my hesitation in ordering. So shoot a pm this way if anyone is successful post notice from LdF (I'm just not sure it would be the best idea to post it publicly, but hey, what do I know, I'm just Jaded.).

I just got this from Jade Liqueurs

We don’t know how long it will be until the Canadian government grants our approval, but it will be most definitely within the 1st quarter of 2010. Canadians will have access to the complete Jade portfolio (including Perique) probably before U.S. residents.

Regards,

F. Bourgeois

Jade Liqueurs

www.vintageabsinthe.com

Yes. You are correct. No Jades will ever make it from Europe to US shores. Never. They aren't shipping it now. And they never will.

post-669-1261529519_thumb.png

(click the photo)

I concur! (about the photo that is)

On a different note, I noticed the labels being used now are different and was wondering if these were the French labelings and if the labels that were being used for the rest of Europe have just been done away with, or if these "new" labels were a complete reboot.

/long-winded curiosity

Perroquet is good, but not too much good...

Hello everybody! I'm french (spécially Brezhoneg^^, a state of France..). Excuse me for my very bad english .

I want to informe you (if you are not yet..) that the Jade absinthe aren't the absinthe that it was. I've got a very bad Esprit d'Edouard and VS 1898. Very very bad and so to much price fot this BAD quality!! I've had some friends who think the same..

And it's not the end!: the best of absinthe who does in France are in danger for me, the danger came from "commanditaire" with not regulary productions. I'm desperate to see that bad products are sold like best one. Problem's of productions regularity for the "best absinthes": So be careful, stay with products of distilleries.

I had the entire line of Jades in July at Tales of the Cocktail, and they were all just as good as I remembered them being.

I'd be happy to taste test samples of what you have if you're willing to send them.

All four from Tales were current production. But I'm glad that you can speak so definitively of the entire 2009 release. ;)

The hundred or so attendees of the Jade release party all seemed to be pretty happy.

Brian, I wouldn't shrug off the guy. While he's not known to the US community, I can vouch for Esteban as a seasoned absintheur with probably far more experience than I have.

Also a close friend to Marc, who often seeks his advice.

He's right in stating the quality of the Jade absinthes has been deteriorating over the years, starting slowly in 2007 to hit rock bottom in 2009. And while he states things blankly, he's a regular customer directly to the Combier distillery, where he usually talks with the team there, and knows a great deal about what they do (and what Ted does)

Oh and by the way, when he says "Perroquet is good but not too much good", he actually means (roughly translating what he says on another forum) that it's a good product, but that he finds it a bit too classic, and since it's not risky, it did not "click" for him.

I'm not shrugging him off, and I'm aware of his reputation. I just don't like it when anyone makes absolute, blanket statements that attempt to generalize an entire production. Of any brand. Especially since there seem to be such a wide variety of experiences with the Jades.

I wonder if the 'solera' system that Ted employs is actually making his products seem less fresh and contributes to the fading of the green? I also wonder if the two years worth of litigation contributed to some improper storage at some outlets?

As I mentioned before, I met up with Ted every July at Tales and sample his products. I didn't see any problems with it last year, nor with this year. Maybe he was extraordinarily lucky in that he brought bottles from a better, secret batch both of those years. :pirate:

I agree on the fact that you should not consider too fast and a whole production. The problem is, because of it has been now approximately 3 years since Jades are not as good as usual, and that the value for money need to be revised. We have a very high-end product and I do not any more agree to pay a high price if for something good or not at the height.

Now, I ask for the constancy in products, problems of storage or the others are not my problems, I am a consumer, i'm waiting for something correct and there, sorry that is no more the case.

I don't want to buy a bottle by hoping that it's good.

And the worst, it is because the designers do not even recognize the problems. At this quality level, the minimum is to recognize, to inform, at last to discuss rather than to bring no answer and don't listen. (hum, "faire la sourde oreille")

Aggelos, thank you for pointing all this out! Knowing more details of a poster's background can completely shift one's interpretation of what is being said! All the impressions, observations and opinions of those with great experience can paint a more diverse and complete picture for those of us who are dedicated and learning.

Esteemed as he may be in other circles, I disagree with Esteban's characterization of the Jades. Of course, he's more than welcome to read and join into any of the many, many threads on the Jades, rather than sinking this Perroquet thread with Jade-loathing.

I agree with Ron, these Jades comments should be moved to the main Jades thread so they are not hidden in this thread.

It would be good for people searching Jades to see someone with 'cred' speaking his mind about the untouchable Jade

It's simple, since 2007, the jades absinthe are whores to whores.

Wow!

They sound more like my kinda absinthes than they used to be. :laugh:

Jade is no more an option for me ( I would rater buy absente, or pernod anis witch are a lot supérieure )... Perhaps that you had a good bottle in the lot of bad bottle Brian ;)

I had vs 1898 2 of close friend have sink Edouard ... so I'm not planning to burn 120$ to taste it by myself ... 08 batch wasn't good if 2009 is even worst ...

Edited by EdouardPerneau