Ron

Jade line available end of November

This whole sorry mess reminds me of one of my mother, the Doctor of Musical Arts/Ordained Unitarian Minister's best lines. Quoth mom:

"Academic politics and church politics both tend to be extremely vicious, because the stakes are so low."

Edited by E Bien

Well, I'm still confused and really unclear as to the villain here.
Go back and read a bit more carefully... In my mind, there are VERY few companies who have it in for Jade. So few, it might only be one. ;)

It seems to me that the only entities hurt by the Jades showing up stateside would be the producers or distribution networks of the very top echelon of absinthes.
Nah.

but why would they?
Let me count the reasons. (In my head of course)

I'm glad some others admitted being clueless, because I am too. Being spiteful is such a waste of time and life energy. Sadly, too much of business seems to be run just that way.

I hope that it's resolved quickly and without legal action.

Good luck to Ted and having his fine products here in the US!

ps I heard that he gave an excellent talk at the Houston event, which was very well attended.

Go back and read a bit more carefully... In my mind, there are VERY few companies who have it in for Jade. So few, it might only be one. ;)

but why would they?
Let me count the reasons. (In my head of course)

My perennial problem in life. I'm always looking for that which makes logical sense.

Exactly..competition should be marked by quality of product and service response..not Quid Pro Quo.

B)

The booze biz has a very long and distinguished history of dirty pool.

Things like, say, waiting until just before the holiday season and calling your local longshoreman...who you've loaded with your own product all year....and asking them to quietly refuse to unload certain ships so that your imported competitors don't make it to the shelves in time for the holidays.

Sharks patrol these waters.

What an insane predicament! I hope Ted can resolve this fiasco soon

for every ones sake. I know that I am running low on my

special reserves! I can’t see how distributors would bow down

to another Absinthe maker given all the great publicity Ted has

deservedly received over the past few years? Crazy!

I can’t see how distributors would bow down to another Absinthe maker given all the great publicity Ted has deservedly received over the past few years? Crazy!

I could give you a couple of reasons why they would be listening...

Hey guys. Just got off the phone with Ian. He is in quite a bind , but things look like they'll turn out well for everyone involved.

If you'd like further clarification, PM or call me.

can I call too? :twitchsmile:

I welcome calls from all WSers! But for fair warning, I have my phone set to automatically shut off at 10:00 pm and turn back on at 6:00 am, so your drunk dials won't foil my plans for a good night's sleep! :cheers:

The LdF site had a note earlier that no shipping to the USA. That was on the Jade page.

I could have mis-read the thing.

<------ Tired eyes. *smile*

How strange that we've been told for a while that the Jades would be back in stock soon, and now that they are they won't be shipped to us.

(By the way, didn't LdF ship Jades to the US even when Jades weren't supposed to be shipped to the US?)