Wild Bill Turkey

Bleak Tidings

Interestin' how they specified how it's perfect for cocktailin' in the privacy of one's home. Why hide what's not dirty?

Hey! Great job. That'll get more people to think absinthe sucks. Assholes. "The Nettle" - that'll sting your ass. The "Absinthe Minded Mojito" - if you love a mojito, you won't anymore. Sorry, nothing comes to mind right now for the others. Give me some time.

I must admit to occasionally drinking something similar to the 'Nettle' absinthe louched with Safeway Organic Blood Orange Soda. Damn tasty (if a bit too sweet). But of course, I use actual absinthe. :tongue:

The Ginger Vert looks like it could be good if made with absinthe instead of LTV. But I've never had Canton Ginger Liqueur so I don't know if it's as good as it sounds. I think I'd probably leave out the club soda... perhaps I'd use tonic water if anything.

Maybe they wouldn't be half bad cocktails. With actual absinthe. But with that crap, I can't imagine what they would taste like. How could any other ingredient compete with Hall's Mentholyptus and Scope?

To be honest, it's not much different than adding Fernet Branca Menta to a cocktail. It can be used well if added to the right mix of other ingredients.

It's just not absinthe.

I have to admit, I'm surprised they aren't recommending making the "Nettle" with St. George...

To be honest, it's not much different than adding Fernet Branca Menta to a cocktail.

Tried Audrey's "Good Night Irene" version of the classic Stinger? Good stuff. Want to try it with LTV? Maybe I'll give it a shot. Or maybe I'll just spend the evening trying to saw off my own foot with a dull knife...

the twerp with the black fingernails

Haha. I forgot about that guy.

I have to admit, I'm surprised they aren't recommending making the "Nettle" with St. George...

Me, too.

Maybe their Nettle isn't stinging enough. :rolleyes:

I dodged a bullet on this one. Saw a bottle on the store shelf when it first came out, and had never heard of it. Figured I'd take one for the team and see what it was all about. Got it home, jumped on FV before I opened it, and saw a posted initial reaction from somebody else.

I promptly returned that bottle.

Shabba said it, It's just not absinthe. I'd like to add to that, It tastes like ass.

:puke:

Sometimes that almost works in a salad dressing, which I still believe St. George actually is.