Congrats to both!

and

HOLY COW the prices on some of those bottles... Ah, to be rich and have a burning desire to fill the liquor cabinet.

Burning desire is allowed isn't it? Just not burning sugar...

:no-czechs3:

If I changed it to an itching desire, it just sounds medical... and flaky. Eww.

How about an aching desire?

Could be sexual, could be medical, but there's definitely less of an "ew" factor, and no absinthe would be disfigured. :laugh:

I picked up a box of Frey Absinthe chocolates when I was in Switzerland over the summer.

It's actually not a bad combination.

Vosges has what they call an "absinthe" truffle, I've wanted to try for a while, but they're pricey and last time I ordered from them they did a terrible packing job.

You just reminded me... I got a box of absinthe chocolates free from eAbsinthe last Christmas or so and they've been in the bottom of a drawer in the kitchen ever since.

I don't expect them to still be good... but perhaps I'll dig them out for a look. And maybe a sample.

Actually, not too bad. Would've been better if I'd got around to trying one sooner, I'm sure, but not bad.

Dark chocolate outer shell and a sugary chocolate truffle inside. Not an expensively made chocolate by a long shot (they were free, remember) but not unpleasant. Not sure I can taste an absinthe presence, but they're supposed to have it in there.

Edit to add link to a photo of the chocolates.

"It comes in pints?! I'm getting one!" Free chocolate with absinthe purchase, yummy! Not a bad way to market your site or to just say thank you. I can't justify placing an order with them though.

OMG_Bill swears by dark chocolate and absinthe.

Me, too.

Absinthe even makes Michel Cluizel Noir Infini taste great.

And there was this absinthe-laced Italian dark chocolate bar I tried a few years ago that was pretty tasty.

The short lived dark chocolate cake at the OC gathering will also attest to that. :cheers:

If I hadn't exercised self-restraint (two pieces) this would have been the sugar-fied me: :mbanana:

I freakin' love cake, and that was some cake.

Bill/Joe picked it out. Joe was just too slow or perhaps too oblivious. Bill grabbed the tab before I could blink. He's that way sometimes.

It was a strange thing. Joe and I did the grocery shopping and the girls shopped for dry clothes. Something just didn't seem right about that day. Well, the food was good. *smile*