Gwydion Stone

Absinthe in Films

Damn, that thespian Neanderthal needs a Lifetime Achievement Award!

Who'd a thunk acting was so easy, even a caveman could do it? :paperbag3:

Rewatched Blood and Chocolate last night.

I must have remembered correctly because there was absinthe drinking throughout, (never correctly) and yep, it was a distillery (or the building used for the set), that they blew up.

Alas, no Perlman. :3869-sadbanana:, butt I love to watch things explode... so it wasn't all bad.

I love to watch things explode.

That's what she you said.

:mbanana: :blowup:

Damn, now I have an awful image of Chuck Negron from Three Dog Night, a bunch of years back.*

* And if you happen to not be familiar with what befell poor oversexed Mr. Negron, I refuse to go there, on the grounds that it makes me cringe, so just effin' Google it. :laf:

Edited by Absomphe

An attentive person could probably see view reference as a spoiler. It's from the Woody Allen film Midnight In Paris:

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec is seen with what I believe to be a bottle and a glass of absinthe by his side.

I uploaded a screen shot!

END OF POSSIBLE SPOILER

that would be absinthe. Or a good stand in.

BTW, Nice to meet you. :wave2: :cheers:

The position of resident clown has been taken, but we could use a clown fish. :laugh:

Now if you could go to the intro section, and tell us a little about yourself, we can give you a proper welcome. :)

Let's see if I can get the quotes to work properly...

BTW, Nice to meet you

Thanks!

Now if you could go to the intro section, and tell us a little about yourself, we can give you a proper welcome.

Yeah, I've been working on the introductory post :)

It got a lot longer than I expected...

You are a literature student, so we understand. :)

:blush:

Just don't expect my posts to be masterfully written, my English is pretty rusty. :)

Damn, that thespian Neanderthal needs a Lifetime Achievement Award!

Who'd a thunk acting was so easy, even a caveman could do it? :paperbag3:

speaking of... and Quest for Fire!

You are a literature student, so we understand. :)

:blush:

Just don't expect my posts to be masterfully written, my English is pretty rusty. :)

Plenty of that here, especially after enjoying a few glasses.

Watching a kind of interesting movie, entertaining at least if your into unusual ones called Bunraku that about 38 minutes in has Demi Moore having a glass of iced absinthe with a burning sugar cube on it.. :thumbdown: There is also a fountain full of absinthe and people in a hot tub drinking absinthe....

Not a good representation :shock:

It's clearer in a dvd format, but Season one of The Muppet Show, episode 1 with Rita Moreno as the guest star. During the "French tango scene", around 2:42 the bartender seems to be hiding behind a Pernod ashtray. Not quite Absinthe, but it caught my eye.

Edited by baubel

I just began reading the book The Hunger Games and I went to IMDb to check out the trailer for the film, due out in March. It's very quick, but I could swear in one scene (at 1:29) there are a couple glasses of absinthe on the table.

Horrible Bosses: at one point you see Colin Ferrell"s character in a quick scene partying with two chicks in bikinis with a perfectly louched glass in hand and another one sitting on a table

Edited by Songcatcher

Horrible Bosses: at one point you see Colin Ferrell"s character in a quick scene partying with two chicks in bikinis with a perfectly louched glass in hand and another one sitting on a table

So I wasn't just hallucinating while watching that... :cheerz:

In the special features of the movie "Paul".

In the segment "Who the Hell is Adam Shadowchild?", there's the line..."we were drinking absinthe on the terrance outside the hotel with Carl Sagen."

:cheers:

In the segment "Who the Hell is Adam Shadowchild?", there's the line..."we were drinking absinthe on the terrance..."

I hope Phillip wasn't jealous. :harhar:

And, btw, just like South Park the Movie, I found Paul to be a goofy, guilty pleasure. :cheers: