Jen Dixon

Spilling the beans

Some news...

Just wanted to let WS know, for those who don't know already (I announced this at TARN as well):

I have taken over absinthe-shop.com

The discussions and meetings all happened very fast and so I've been knee-deep in product lists, eCommerce front-ends and back-ends, and working on all new branding. It's my baby and I'm pretty much living at my desk these days.

The most important thing is: I love it.

The re-launch of the domain should happen in a couple of weeks (aiming for sometime before the end of October). For now you can see my quick splash page graphic at the url.

And I'll say essentially what I said at TARN forums:

This will not change the style of my interaction here and although I'd dearly love for every one of you to spend your hard-earned cash at my shop, I will never, ever ask you to through the forums (probably get my knuckles whacked for it anyway and rightly so). This is my hangout too, and I won't make it a marketing platform. Scout's honour. smile.gif

:cheers:

Since your global Head Office is just 5/6 miles away from me, I'll be expecting extra fast service if/when I order from you!

Failing that, a drink or two at the launch press conference.

Or at least a cup of coffee.

Failing that, a drink or two at the launch press conference.

Who will supply the drinks?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ B)

Oh....BEST OF LUCK!!!

Congratulations, Absinthehour! You've got the best job ever. :D

Let us know when the domain's back up. I can't wait to take a look at it.

Thank you everyone! :cheers:

The shop is looking good (still behind its curtain, but trust me) and the product line is coming together. Absolutely everything is being done from the ground up, from branding to every paragraph of text and it's really starting to take shape. The launch site will be a solid phase one, and I will add to it (products and content) in stages, but I will say that there will be a competitively wide selection of products-- mostly European in origin. Not everything will appeal to all tastes but my hope is that there will be something (hopefully, many somethings!) for everyone.

I have access to A LOT of stuff, and since I don't warehouse it myself (sorry Alan, no popping 'round for your order and a cup of tea...), I can offer a pretty amazing variety of things. I am happy to take requests and suggestions, but to respect the forums I ask that you PM/DM or email me. All confidential (unless someone requests KOS... then I'm totally outing you :devil: ).

Seriously though,

Thank you for your support. :heart:

And now I shall shut up and get back to my database...

Thank you for the continued enthusiasm and support!

Good luck Jen! All the best for great success.
I'm going to make it a personal goal to see if I can get your stuff in the shop... I know there's some tricksy laws and such, but even if I'm just being selfish, I so want Delaware Phoenix in my product list. Fingers crossed I can make it happen.

Being a licensed seller is usually just the next step for enthusiasts. Similar to guns! Want a machine gun but those pesky laws get in the way? Get the proper license! Sometimes the leg work and red tape are worth it, and in your case, jumping through hoops to get DP's absinthes over to you is very worth it.

Luck!

Yes, I wish someone had given me that advice when I was 19. :paperbag3:

Just kidding...y'all know even the Gatling gun was years away from the drawing board, back then, right? :twitchsmile:

My initial information is that I'll be able to ship to Quebec, but I'm trying to find out more. I'll certainly announce if there is any better news. :)

Just a little update:

Things have taken a little longer to set up than I initially (and possibly naively) thought.

This is not a bad thing.

A couple of notably good things coming out of the delay from my original launch timeframe:

Shipping rates went down. Rejoice!

More time to set up a wider range of goodies.

The additional time (which has happened due to a variety of minor things that all added additional work) has afforded me more tweak time, more polish time, and a better shop overall.

Just wanted to make sure you all didn't forget about me. ;)

The next update should be one that announces I'm open!