• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 m.a.mccullough

m.a.mccullough

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

Does anyone else enjoy a little snuff through-out the day? Or with a glass of absinthe? I find not only absinthe flavored snuff to be nice, but rose snuff is most delightful :laugh:
Absinthe Veritas, Distiller Probitas. These are the things we fight for.

#2 pt447

pt447

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

I have had some snuff before, in those little tiny tins, and i've enjoyed it. I should go pick some up actually. Good idea for work. Unless my cubicle neighbors think I'm doing lines...

But seriously, snuff seems to either be a lost indulgence or nobody talks about it.
Life is moist and stinky

#3 m.a.mccullough

m.a.mccullough

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:42 AM

I think it is a little bit of both but mostley a well kept secret, i mean if people didnt use it then why are they making it in such abundance and who is buying it right? Glad to know im not alone in the wonderful indulgence.

#4 pt447

pt447

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:50 PM

Good point. If nobody bought it nobody would make it. And nowadays you need a pretty big clientele to keep producing something like snuff.
Life is moist and stinky

#5 brennivin

brennivin

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

Assuming we're talking nasal tobacco vs. oral can y'all give me some tips on brands and where to find 'em?

#6 m.a.mccullough

m.a.mccullough

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

mrsnuff.com I highly recomend the willsons of sharows Rose scent it is wonderful if you like roses. They also have many other great scents.

#7 Mindshifter

Mindshifter

Headspace clearing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

I remember taking snuff for a short while in my secondary school years. It came in little silver coloured boxes, I think the brand name was 'President'.
First time one tried it, it felt like sniffing ammonia - or getting a horse kick in the face. But after the first shock, it gave you a lingering, refreshing taste, reminding of spearmint (or was it eucalyptus, don't remember).
Almost all the boys in my class took it, and thought it was a really cool thing to do... until someone got nosebleed from it after a few weeks' use. Then suddenly everyone got nosebleeds. And then we all quit.
The absinthe extends life, the absinthe expands consciousness, the absinthe is vital to space travel.

#8 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

From an earlier snuff thread:

About thirty-five years ago, there was a sugar-snuff that came in little tins. I think there was a variety of flavors, strawberry seems familiar. As I recall, the target audience was coke fiends, I guess. I just remember all my friends trying it and sneezing sugar-snot all over their shirt fronts. It was a great way to impress the young ladies. twitchsmile.gif

I remember Cökesnuff. There were a few other brands too. I loved the little psychedelic, 70s-style tins it came in—oh wait, I guess it was the 70s. There were also tobacco snuffs too. My favorites were the vanilla Cökesnuff and a licorice tobacco snuff. Go figure. I used to like the licorice papers, too.

Posted Image

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#9 elfnmagik

elfnmagik

Mumbler

• 3,302 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

Don't forget the boogerz.
"I really like depriving myself of things. It's fun! Very monastic." - Kosmo

#10 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,172 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

I tried it in the 70's and see no reason to go there again. Pretty neat little "twist to open" tins as I remember. :wave2:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#11 tayker

tayker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

Anymore legit sites and WWS-ish snuff sites?
When a person who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, they will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest.

#12 MrGreenGenes

MrGreenGenes

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

Although Cokesnuff and Snow Dust probably implied they were "pretend" cocaine, I'd wonder if the Cokesnuff people received a visit from lawyers from.....

I'll quote Major Bat Guano from Dr. Strangelove on this...

"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola Company!"
If it's legal is it as fun?

#13 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

I'm sure it was actually inspired by Coke Coal, eh? ;)

www.absinthemarteau.com

#14 uglybiker

uglybiker

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

I'm not a snuff person, but of those I know that are have been saying some really good things about this place.

Mr. Snuff
I am mot suffering from mental illness
Quite the contrary! I'm enjoying every minute!

#15 Gadfly

Gadfly

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:52 AM

I rather enjoy my snuff, currently my favorite brand is Poschl-Ozana Presidential. It's a delightful eucalyptus / menthol mix. Sencond favorite would be a flavor I got from a friend that was made by him, it's a real floral eucalyptus taste. See a trend developing with my snuff preferences.

#16 MrGreenGenes

MrGreenGenes

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

Has anyone tried snus? This is a version of snuff that comes in little "teabags" and supposedly doesn't cause spitting. This was developed in Sweden, but now RJ Reynolds is marketing Marlboro and Camel snus in the US.

I found that the alleged anti-spitting quality doesn't apply to me. I still seemed to generate a mouthful of evil tobacco swill per minute. The only difference I noticed between snus and Skoal was that you don't get tobacco bits drifting around your mouth.

#17 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,301 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

Are old cowboy moves where they use snuff considered "snuff films"? :twitchsmile:

#18 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,550 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

::::groan:::: :punk:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#19 MrGreenGenes

MrGreenGenes

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

How about close-ups of people spitting into their cups, lawns, or hanging out car windows, posted on youtube? There's a disturbing snuff film for you!

#20 Awful

Awful

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:16 AM

In college, I had a German room mate who used to keep 20-50 cans of snuff in the freezer. He used to talk about contests in Germany in which the object was to insert as much snuff as possible into your nose.

The apricot flavored snuff really isn't that bad. I never could get used to the mint though.

#21 Awful

Awful

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:30 AM

Here is a little blurb about the championship: http://tinyurl.com/2djb6sh.

It makes me happy that there are both male and female categories.

#22 drewwwy

drewwwy

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

Snuff is great. I really enjoy Bordeaux from Fribourg & Treyer. It has a flowery/perfume scent to it that is very enjoyable. Takes you back to the old days, great while enjoying a glass of Absinthe of course.

You have to remember to simply sniff the snuff and not snort it or you will get it in the back of your throat. If you've never tried it, I'd highly recommend picking up a tin. They're not only affordable but tend to last you quite a long time. :)

-drewwwy!

#23 Nemo

Nemo

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

I've never tried snuff, though my friend from the northern parts of Sweden told me his friends used to play a "game" at the pub which they called "tour through Sweden", or something along those lines, where they'd basically pour a pile of it on the table and try to shape it to look like Sweden and sniff it all up at once.

In Sweden we call it "luktsnus". "Lukt" means scent/smell and can also be used as a verb.

Has anyone tried snus? This is a version of snuff that comes in little "teabags" and supposedly doesn't cause spitting. This was developed in Sweden, but now RJ Reynolds is marketing Marlboro and Camel snus in the US.

I found that the alleged anti-spitting quality doesn't apply to me. I still seemed to generate a mouthful of evil tobacco swill per minute. The only difference I noticed between snus and Skoal was that you don't get tobacco bits drifting around your mouth.

Snus is used everywhere in Sweden, but HUGE in my home town, Gotheburg. I've read that this is where the largest quantities of snus is consumed in the world.

Snus has been declared illegal to sell in the European Union, even though it's supposed to be less hazardous than cigarettes (does this ring a bell? ;) ). Sweden and Norway are exempt from this rule.

I've heard that export of snus is illegal as well, but I don't know the exact circumstances as we are exporting to countries outside Europe. I think America is our main export.

A brit called Big Steve has a youtube show where he picked a country at random to visit for a couple of months, and he happened to end up in Sweden. It's a really enjoyable show and I recommend it if you want to find out about Sweden from the eyes of a visitor.

In this episode, Big Steve tries lössnus, which is a version of snus that does not come packed in those neat little bags which makes the snus hard to deal with, the initial taste stronger and the snus itself pretty runny:

#24 Red RaveN

Red RaveN

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

What is the actual point of this activity? I don't really know anyone sniffing tobacco and have always wondered if it's just a different way of getting nicotine into your system or if there is any difference from smoking a cigarette, except snuff being maybe healthier?
.. Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder ..

.. Smile.. It confuses people:) ..

.. Bullsh*t makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful! ..

#25 m.a.mccullough

m.a.mccullough

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

Its another form of nicotine that smells good. I wouldn't say it is "healthier" but it sure does give your lungs a break versus smoking.

#26 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

Handy for non-smoking areas, too.

www.absinthemarteau.com