dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

Never had my booze fall into another's hands. I suggest you wait until she's asleep. Then (like the silent fairies that take our first sets of teeth) steal the bottle away and run like the wind. :twitchsmile:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Évidemment, vous avez déjà eu quelques un trop grand nombre, Monsieur Lanfray. :harhar:

Edited by Absomphe

There is an uncomfortability about it. [i heard somebody on TV say that about Gingrich. Been dying to use it.] It makes me all twichy and dry in the mouth.

It's even better when it goes to a golden dead leaf look. Buy two bottles. Drink from one, and let the other sit on a shelf for a year or so. These are words of wisdom. :cheers:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Absinthe Law: When storing absinthe, always be sure to have at least half a bottle of verte on hand for the purposes of self-fulfilling pleasure. If your bottle diminishes below the half-way point, restock immediately. No exceptions. :police:

Failure to comply with this law shall not result in sentencing, but in the realization that you need to buy more booze to keep up with your steady rate of absinthe consumption.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Two reasons: Either (A) Demand is so high that supply runs short, or (B ) Alcoholism.

I'm inclined to side with choice 'A' since I've never been one to take pseudo-scientific sayings all that seriously.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Buy two bottles. Drink from one, and let the other sit on a shelf for a year or so.

A year or so? Do you even drink your absinthe or just take it from a teaspoon? cause on two or three glasses a day a bottle only lasts me a week

I begin the day by imbibing two liters of white wine, three absinthes spaced between 10am and noon; then, at lunch, I wash down my fish or steak with red or white wine, alternating with more absinthes. In the afternoon, I have a few cups of coffee fortified with brandy or spirits of which I forgot the names; then at dinner, after, of course, other aperitifs, I tolerate at least two bottles of any vintage, of good or bad quality.

A year or so? Do you even drink your absinthe or just take it from a teaspoon? cause on two or three glasses a day a bottle only lasts me a week

I've got a few bottles that I haven't finished off yet, and it's just nearing a year.

Then I have two that haven't even been opened yet, and I was about to buy a third to put away for a year or so. :devil:

You've only seen Evan's collection...I've got about the same. How much could 4 of us really drink? :laugh:

I think you're confusing yourself with yourself.

I thought he was quoting from the Lanfray trial transcript. :twitchsmile:

I think you're confusing yourself with yourself.

Let us look at this statement from a pataphysical standpoint.

Certainly, a reflection (the double of which you speak) is something that resides on a shallow surface.

But even reflections (as vain Narcissus showed us) can be taken as substantial signs of truth. For both the reflections and objects being reflected are one in the same, and never separate. For who can see a reflection of themselves without first having been there to reflect?

For a man to confuse himself with his reflection (or his "other self" as you say) is to falsely think that our reflections are not us, but, in fact someone else. To do this, we would, again, fall into the same trap Narcissus set for himself on the day he drowned. For, we must remember, reflections are not lies, dear sir. They are exact replicas. Mirror images of who we are in actuality.

But let us not blame such narcassistic people who see their images as "others". For, we can't blame a narcissist who, looking for a lack of anything real, falls in love with himself by a lake. Let him look for others like him to love. Let him think he is "all knowing" not because he knows all, but because he is all that he knows.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

I thought he was quoting from the Lanfray trial transcript. :twitchsmile:

I thought so at first but the account I read stated that Lanfray only had Absinthe in the morning of that fateful day.