dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

I agree with the above statement. I've already decided that I'm pretty much only going to buy WW and maybe 2 or two others, not counting blanches. And I haven't tried MOL yet either...

Walton Waters goes great with atomic fireball candies. I had a glass last Monday and had a couple candies afterward, and, I must say, the experience was awesome. No flame necessary.

Oh, tasting at Astor, April 3rd, 3-5 pm. I'll be fixing up some absinthes, some frappés, maybe a Sazerac or three, or that kind of cocktail thing for those not interested in simply adding water to absinthe (the best way, imho). Let me know if you want to be reminded as the date gets closer.

I'll be there, barring unusual circumstances. :cheers:

I have tried 15 different brands of absinthe (see my newcomer post) and I have to say that MOL is pretty amazing. If I had to be forced ;) to buy a bottle of anything that I have tried so far it would probably be MOL. I have had two different batches and they both were fantastic. The color changes a lot due to the clear bottle but I don't drink absinthe for the color in the bottle!

Just finished my first Walton Waters, from batch 10-6, the newest. This is amazing stuff. Just reviewed it,

then looked at my older review for MOL. Both were at 4.7; without me looking as a reference, it just worked out that way. That tells you something. If you've had this before, get a bottle of this new batch while you can...it can't get much better than this. I wish I'd ordered two or three!

-Scott

It is with some trepidation that I inform y'all that I'll be on WKNY Kingston 1490 AM at 10 AM EDT on Friday, April 9th. It's supposed to be a 1/2 hour thang, but I don't know the exact format but perhaps some Q&A. The web site is http://www.1490wkny.com/ and maybe those out of radio wave range might be able to listen over the internet. Assuming you don't mind the possibility of saying "Dang! That's a half hour of my life I'll never get back!"

Assuming you don't mind the possibility of saying "Dang! That's a half hour of my life I'll never get back!"

As someone who has met you personally, I find it difficult to believe you would have that effect on the radio audience.

It is with some trepidation that I inform y'all that I'll be on WKNY Kingston 1490 AM at 10 AM EDT on Friday, April 9th.

And there I was in Kingston on Sunday! I'll be stuck tuning in online, though. Good luck!

Remember: no swearing.

:thumbup:

In real life I'm pretty good about that, though you must have heard me cuzzing in the direction of a supplier that I told to send it overnight (I'm paying) and they used SuperSaver Select which is three days. I'm still extremely annoyed at that one, especially since the person didn't ask me. But I'll get over it, and once I get my stuff I'll be happy.

Damn damn damn....2nd night of Walton Waters. I changed my review...up to 4.8. Cheryl, this batch is staggeringly amazing. Guys if you don't get this last batch, you're missing out on something very very special. No appropriate smileys for this post. None were happy enough.

Scott, give him a chance, it's the west coast he's from. Last week when I finished WW I didn't get up till 11am. and missed my guitar lesson. :bguitar:

Wow! It seems like weeks have passed since I first opened my DP delivery. Time stamp tells me it's only been three days...

So, seriously, when I first tried both the WW & MOL I was obviously quite impressed. If I had any critique to offer it would be that they were both too well balanced. Lovely stuff, but for reasons for which I have no explanation to offer, I was expecting something more "in my face." That, at first glance, seemed to not be present.

Well, two days later I revisited my new friends. I have enjoyed both tonight at a 4:1 ratio and without any sugar.

Wow! The WW was right there! In my face with the hot kiss of high sun on a fresh spring meadow. The MOL followed as an alpine afterglow. Aye! But an afterglow still nibbling on one's neck!. I immediately ordered more bottles of each! (Aye! Absinthe will be the death of me! I knew that at the outset!)

Now, tell me seriously, is there any reason outside of establishing my Absinthe dilettante creds to bother ordering anything from Europe?

My Leopold Brothers order just went through - see my forthcoming post in that thread for further details - but I am yet to receive any.

So, seriously, what of the Absinthes I have to order from Europe compare to these? Any?