dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

Astor's computer system is weird. When something goes out of stock, it doesn't show up on the web site.

I'm making delivery on the 12th, so more will be on hand then. But I had the impression they had both in stock. I'll check again and see if they can take a little more inventory.

I order MOL and WW through Catskill Cellars. Excellent service and shipping.. Packaged very well... Just placed my second order..Julia is excellent..Emailed my order and call to give CC information...

http://www.catskillcellars.com/

I have to admit that over time the lemon is really growing on me. I liked it initially, but now I think of it like lemonade - refreshing. My wife, who detests absinthe, wants to try a glass just because of the lemon.

Funny I've been avoiding describing Walton Waters as refreshing, I generally go with "classic, clear flavors...including Lemon Thyme" although I don't necessarily feel refreshing is not apt. :)

Good ink on the DP Distillery in the New York Times today.

Congratulations, Cheryl! It's wonderful to see you getting the recognition you so richly deserve in your home state! :cheers:

Whoops.

Ah well, good news bears repeating. And it's nice to have it as part of the brand thread for posterity's sake.

Congrats again, Dakini!

Thanks AiO. Probably a good idea that it's in the "brand" thread (I kind of hate that word, "brand", so corporate). And thanks to Gwydion for posting the thread too.

All the support from the members of the various forums has been pretty essential to my success so far. I'm sure that's true for the other distillers who've come at this from the perspective of quality and craft. People such as Gwydion, Marc, Todd, Joe, Ted, and everyone else as well whose names I've neglected to mention. I'm sure they're all very thankful of the support we've received from you folks. I know I am.

May everyone have a great and wonderful holiday, and a safe one too!

:cheers:

so corporate

TimRobbins.jpg

[Edit]: Oh whoops! I didn't actually make my point. It was a seriously good article. But the fact that NYT also has such garbage coming out of the same section leads me to believe their food and drink editor is either dead, asleep or AWOL. Either way, Delaware Phoenix, Cheryl, absinthe and even the WS come off looking fab in this piece. More!

...Probably a good idea that it's in the "brand" thread (I kind of hate that word, "brand", so corporate)...

Yeah, me too. Just a little more media/corporate speak.

I'm all about well deserved praise, and not at all about empty hyperbole. These days, almost anything can be referred to as a "brand", including every individual human.

That being said, Cheryl... way to kick ass! Great article (and I'm betting you had a lot to do with it being the kind of press we want to see), great products, great vibe all around! One of the best articles on the beverage I have seen, and very well deserved. :cheers:

A fantastic TV report, Cheryl, great! :thumbup:

Your distillery is just so cosy. I really miss messing around there with you; fond memories of distilling protos and having ice cream breaks... (The Penguin Custom Ice Cream, GOD what delicious ice cream they make, I miss that too!) :arrr:

Fantastic! The reporter made one slip-up of course (hobby??), but seriously this is a great piece.