dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

I was starting to believe I was the only one left that still preferred the Jades... I'm almost certain it's the marc base that has me hooked. The longer they sit in my closet, the better they are! I'm also in love with Doubs Mystique; after a year of rest it's the only absinthe I've enjoyed that has a nice dose of that butterscotchy flavor I savored in a preban Edouard Pernod.

But with all that being said, I just cracked open my new bottles of MoL and WW, and I'm pretty sure they're even better than the bottles I just polished off :cheers: The WW especially... this bottle is a bit more interesting than my last. I wish I could elaborate, but all I can say is I dig it :thumbup:

I was starting to believe I was the only one left that still preferred the Jades... I'm almost certain it's the marc base that has me hooked.

For me, that's always been the only real detraction (distraction) of the Jade line.

For a characterful base, just lay that Pisco on me. :thumbup:

I just gave a freind of mine her first taste of Meadow of Love last night and she's in love with it,especially the aroma...but she does have one request.

She thinks that aroma should be made into a perfume.

parfume d'absinthe.

Well,thanks for the link,I'll send it to her.She's has several good absinthes including Marteau but the MOL is the only one she's begged to have turned into a perfume.

On a different note, I've added a little Delaware Phoenix youtube channel to show how to louche an absinthe and be a (minimal) video FAQ. I've just put up the first one showing louching the MoL with a balancier. Imagery is from my camera, so the video quality isn't what it would be from a real camcorder.

On a different note, I've added a little Delaware Phoenix youtube channel to show how to louche an absinthe and be a (minimal) video FAQ. I've just put up the first one showing louching the MoL with a balancier. Imagery is from my camera, so the video quality isn't what it would be from a real camcorder.

I just ordered one of each MOL and WW..from Julia, looking forward to tasting and posting a review..

Harrumph; first I order a bottle each of MoL and WW from DUNY, and by the time they arrive, neither is available there anymore. Of course they're awesome, so I re-stock on both through Astor W&S, and now they're not listing Meadow anymore either? Please tell me this situation is only temporary ... :huh:

Astor's computer system is weird. When something goes out of stock, it doesn't show up on the web site.

I'm making delivery on the 12th, so more will be on hand then. But I had the impression they had both in stock. I'll check again and see if they can take a little more inventory.

...think of it more as two trolls posing with Barbie at a Playboy mansion costume party. Barbie is Superwoman, obviously.

You really don't want to know what went into that photo shoot. Suffice to say, if you leave two guys alone (and bored) with a bunch of dolls while "freshening-up" before a night out on the town, nothing tasteful is going to come out of it.

I think few people know for sure, Wayek, but I don't think it looks good. They were de-listed for reasons unknown and uncommented on by the folks that could say for sure. I need to get around to sending off an e-mail requesting their return to DUNY. It's a real bummer to lose out on the free shipping and miss some of DUNY's selection, but if I gotta go elsewhere, DP absinthes are good enough that I would.

Now let the baseless speculation on the DUNY situation begin!

Back to the subject at hand, I'm considering re-bottling my precious MoL in an about-to-be-empty Obsello bottle (for color protection). Anyone tried this? Is there an effective lifespan on the plasticork stoppers?

I am storing in a cabinet. Cheryl's instructions are to store in a dark location on the bottle..my first bottles of MoL and WW. Simply outstanding..I really like the date and bottle # on each bottle..excellent.

Oh..and the stopper is really perfect..cork and wood..Great packaging..

The only drawback is the cork is too big for other bottles. Then again I have plenty of old Lucid corks for that purpose.

I like the green and red wax... Helps me determine which bottle I'm grabbing for :twitchsmile:

I got my first Delaware Phoenix Meadow of Love bottles about a week ago.

I had heard from friends that know their absinthe and are very clear on what is good and what isn't, this was one of the best absinthes out there.

I poured the first glass and the aroma was absolutely beautiful. Really clean and crisp. A good friend once told me "when you pop the cork on a bottle of great absinthe, it smells like a spring day". Well, that certainly true of MoL.

Once louched, dinking it was all you could ever expect of a great absinthe. The flavors were clean, crisp and full. Extremely well crafted.

I think Cheryl has brought a really great absinthe to us. I wish her all the succes she deserves.

Next I'll try Walton Waters.

Really!

id