dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

I was thinking about the D.P. products as well.

2 good bottles out of a limited selection of domestic brands is a lot to cut out.

Why did they stop carrying them?

Yes, but if you search under their absinthe header, it not only doesn't say "out of stock", (as it does with Marteau, Pacifique, and Leopold's) but both DP entries have been removed entirely. I'm sure they just didn't get around to removing the one you found.

I think Azyanea may have found that DUNY page via a Google search, since I wasn't able to locate it simply by navigating the DUNY and searching through the absinthes.

Likewise, I was able to find this Delaware Phoenix page via a Google search after I went directly to the Astor Wines site and was unable to find any DP info in their absinthe section. This is all very strange and worrisome, as these are my favorite absinthes. At present, Catskill Cellars is the only place I know of which still sells it (although you have to email them for info).

At present, Catskill Cellars is the only place I know of which still sells it (although you have to email them for info).

PTFA.

You may contact Astor Wine and Spirits, or Catskill Cellars. The latter is a local retailer. They don't have a fancy web site for sales, but they'd love to hear from you. Give them a call or email, and they'll work up a quote.

Astor's computer system thinks they're out of stock because someone ordered a lot, but more is coming.

I'm gonna merge this thread into the Delaware Phoenix thread in a few minutes, just as an FYI.

Yeah....

So, like, can anybody here tell me where to pick up a bottle of WW? DUNY doesn't carry it anymore?

:devil:

Here's your answer AiO:

At present, Catskill Cellars is the only place I know of which still sells it (although you have to email them for info).

PTFA.

You may contact Astor Wine and Spirits, or Catskill Cellars. The latter is a local retailer. They don't have a fancy web site for sales, but they'd love to hear from you. Give them a call or email, and they'll work up a quote.

Astor's computer system thinks they're out of stock because someone ordered a lot, but more is coming.

I'm gonna merge this thread into the Delaware Phoenix thread in a few minutes, just as an FYI.

It got lost in our musings over the end of time.

Thanks. You must have missed my :devil: .

Just playin' around. I shouldn't; it's very frowned upon here. ;)

Thanks. You must have missed my :devil: .

Just playin' around. I shouldn't; it's very frowned upon here. ;)

Where my brains?.. your :devil: was way down below so I did miss it...I thought you were being serious. Where my brains?.

Hi, I'm new to these forums, but I ordered some WW and MOL from DUNY a little over a week ago, and received my order last Friday ( I had to chase down the UPS guy, since I get home later, and the package requires a signature; and I definitely was not going to wait until Monday).

That night I opened my bottle of WW (Batch 09-18, Bottle 12), and cherished my first two glasses of this incredible absinthe. I was completely blown away with how soft and sweet this absinthe was. It had a wonderful fuzzy tongue feeling; although not as much as my other bottle Vieux Pontarlier (this is my only other real absinthe until the DP bottles, I have had some Spanish "touristy" absinthes).

The next night I cracked open MOL (Batch 09-16, Bottle 12), I have read that MOL is much more bitter then WW, but I didn't find this to be true. I wouldn't say it was bitter, but the wormwood flavor is sharper. The Spanish absinthes I've had, both made by Teichenne, I would call bitter. But I thought MOL had an amazing wormwood taste, It lacked the strong fuzzy tongue feeling I've had with VP and WW. However I would say it more then made up for this with an amazing creamy finish.

The third night, I had a glass of each. Its incredible how unique both these absinthes are, with such subtle differences in the herbs used. Before these glasses I would have said that WW was my favorite of the two. But the more I drink MOL the more surprised I am. It's truly a race to a photo finish, as to which one is my favorite. I will have to let you know once I've gone through each bottle, to officially say which one I enjoy the most. Right now WW is in the lead, but MOL is gaining close.

Cheryl, you have created two amazing absinthes, each were completely exceptional. They were the second and third real absinthes I've had, (fourth and fifth if you include the less traditional "touristy" Spanish absinthes). I am really looking forward to them once they have time to rest in my cabinet, since I've read they get better with age. Although its hard to imaging that they can get better.

All I can hope for is that when I finish these two bottles, I'll be able to order some more. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or if its been asked before, but what's the production time between batches? Like is there usually a new batch of absinthe available every month or two? I'm just curious to know so I can make sure I don't run out; I don't have the money available to purchase 6 bottles at a time.

The next night I cracked open MOL (Batch 09-16, Bottle 12), I have read that MOL is much more bitter then WW, but I didn't find this to be true. I wouldn't say it was bitter, but the wormwood flavor is sharper.

Good observation, WW. :cheers:

I'm not sure the wormwood content is any higher than it is in the Walton Waters, but I think the violet in Meadow of Love works better than the lemon thyme in the former as a segue into that wormwood, and actually accentuates that floral bitterness, creating that sharpness your palate experienced.

The two absinthes are just so different to me. They're hard to compare and contrast. WW is like the ocean and MOL is like the mountains.

what's the production time between batches?

Currently about 2-3 weeks. Production has been a little slacking as I've had to make extra trips to the city lately. But it's a good thing in the long run. There is no shortage at this time.

what's the production time between batches?

Currently about 2-3 weeks. Production has been a little slacking as I've had to make extra trips to the city lately. But it's a good thing in the long run. There is no shortage at this time.

Awesome that should be plenty of time for me to make sure I'll have backup bottles. How many bottles are there to a batch usually? I know I have bottle 12, and Funky D said they have bottle 17 from batch 09-16. I'm assuming around 25 bottles per batch?

They don't deliver to a lot of places.

"Due to restrictive regulations, we cannot accept orders for shipment to the following locations:

Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia"

Looks like I can't buy from here :( Somehow I think that's a bunch of bull..Once in the USA, interstate delivery should be relatively simple. :/

I never thought I'd see the day where it paid off to be an absinthe enthusiast who lives in Minnesota!

I can't help but wonder if Catskill Cellars ships to some of the states that Astor can't.

They don't deliver to a lot of places.

"Due to restrictive regulations, we cannot accept orders for shipment to the following locations:

Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia"

Looks like I can't buy from here :( Somehow I think that's a bunch of bull..Once in the USA, interstate delivery should be relatively simple. :/

Alabama has specific funky laws about that. Some places respect them and some places feel like it's the customer's problem if they get in trouble. Alabama doesn't allow people to have alcohol shipped to them because they want their taxes. Here's the goofy thing: you can print an ABC form and send it to a liquor distributor and have them mail your booze to the ABC store. You pick it up and pay your couple bucks of taxes and take your booze home.

Yeah, I don't do that. I only buy from places that ship to my house.