dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

I just did.

Me too. Whoever I have to buy it from, I'm bound and determined to make sure my first bottle of Walton Waters won't be my last ... :thumbup:

Well it suprises me dammit! I guess that explains why they wouldn't take my payment/order last week. Thank you DP for the other options, I was beginning to freak out. I want to frolic through the Meadow of Love and drift lazily on Walton Waters again.

When I saw meadow of Love evaporate from DUNY's website I ordered a bottle of Walton Waters right away.I love the MOL so I didn't want to risk not getting it's sibling and I feared it would follow MOL's disappearing act.I ordered it September 29th and it's in transit,should arrive October 7.

Let's hope we all get our fixes and a big thank you to all the distillers working to feed our addictions.

a big thank you to all the distillers working to feed our addictions

Believe me, they are working hard to keep up. I appreciate their efforts as well.

I'm glad I have a bottle of each MoL and WW stashed but only for a little bit longer. Priorities got in the way or they'd have been gone long ago.

Thanks DP and all the other domestic distillers as well. Cheers!

From another thread ...

Astor's computer system thinks they're out of stock because someone ordered a lot, but more is coming.

Now perhaps we can all see the Delaware Phoenix discussion in one place!

Hope it all gets sorted, DP!

General question: What's the turn around time from a distiller to a reseller? This will give me an approximate foundation of how long to wait after I see nothing in stock. As soon as DUNY has it in stock then I'll buy my first bottle.

Background: on a basic easy to understand level, I prefer Lucid over Kübler because of the spiciness. What Phoenix absinthe is favored by Lucid drinkers, and which is favored by the Kübler fans?

General question: What's the turn around time from a distiller to a reseller?

There's no general answer.

Switzerland to a re-seller (via importer and wholesaler) is a lot longer than West Coast to NY, or NY to NY.

Several weeks in the Swiss example.

Sounds like I need to get a couple of NOVA/DC peeps and caravan up to NY.

Or maybe rent a bus for an absinthe trip. First stop will be Atlantic City for some gambling, next will be New York for beverages, and then return back to DC for a tour around the capital while enjoying a final drink, or two, while promoting sponsored absinthes. Of course the cost could be offset by sponsorship by vendors and distillers. Please ignore my unintentional hijack.

Anyway, which Phoenix absinthe has the spice to rule them all?

If you have to choose one over the other, you should ask yourself which you prefer most in your absinthe- a nice citrus component in a creamy wormwood forward Pontarlierish absinthe (Walton Waters), or a violety and intensely floral absinthe (Meadow of Love)?

Personally I think Walton Waters is terrific, but Meadow really rocks my socks the most.

I'll have to leave it to others to say which of my absinthes might be the one you'd like. But I can tell you, that there are only 7 herbs in each of my absinthes, six of the usual standards and then some lemon thyme in the WW and violet herb in the MoL. It's really been very interesting to see that each has it's fans.

Usually the WW is referred to as more "traditional" with stronger anise profile, though MoL is not lacking in anise.

I was just down in the city on the 30th, so usually I make a couple trips a month. But because of the large order I'll go down again on Wednesday. If you're interested in product, simply call Astor and ask to speak with David. See if you can place an order, and I can bring everything all at once. Worth a try, I guess.

:cheers:

Personally I think Walton Waters is terrific, but Meadow really rocks my socks the most.

yup. I'll go with that. And I'm glad I stockpiled a few months back. :thumbup:

I spoke with David, DP. Since I couldn't make up my mind, I bought a bottle of each. I'm sure he will remember my order because of the e-mail I used. :)

What they said.

Except for the lack of stockpiling.

The lack of WW and MOL were a HUGE disappointment when ordering the Vieux Pont. and Obsello from DUNY today.

Had they been in stock, I would be expecting two more bottles Monday..... :)

I so wanted to try both of those.

They are still both available. Just not through DUNY. And they are both well worth getting--really really fabulous stuff. It's a tough call, but I think I might like WW a tad more than MoL (just to offer a friendly dissenting opinion to the ones above). You can't go wrong with either, though.

It's high time I re-did my list of top ten COs. It would (will) look radically different than it did this past winter when I first posted it--partially because of DP's beauties.

What they said.

Except for the lack of stockpiling.

you know where I live....

I really like these guys for their good service and free shipping >$100.

What's happening with the selection though?

It seems to be shrinking.

Anyone know what is going on?

I was somewhat intrigued by the La Fee NV mostly due to its price, but alas it is gone. Oh well, been meaning to try the Marteau anyway so I guess I'll order that at the end of the month instead.

Been out of town for a while so I'm not sure about what's up with duny. I called them yesterday about the Delaware Phoenix line. The guy on the phone just stated that he had no record of said products, and that he'd have someone call me about it.

No record of said products?!?

Thats an odd reply since they sent Delaware Phoenix absinthe to me very recently.

What is it that they don't want to tell? :secret2: