dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

Is it just me, or does the picture of Walton Waters used at DUNY look funny? I'd have thought this monitor was off, but the MOL right beside it looks normal.

If you're referring to the color, they each look about two shades darker than they actually are.

Or, it could be that those actually were that deeply green on the day they were bottled.

Both of mine are still sitting in a dark, cool place, and are both very dark. I expect, however, that when poured the color becomes more "usual" if you want to take that term with a grain of salt. All I know is that in the next few weeks one of those bottles will be opened with much enthusiasm!

Just to be clear, I am referring to the color, but only the picture of the Walton Waters shown at DUNY. All the bottles I own of Meadow Of Love and Walton Waters look superb.

Ditto, but they're definitely lighter in color than DUNY's pics.

The Meadow of Love is a medium peridot green, and the Walton Waters is a medium forest green, and not rain forest at sunset like the DUNY shot.

Finally, thanks to a very good friend from New Mexico, I have sampled MoL. I am delighted to add my voice to the wealth of members singing its praises. Congratulations DP! This is another excellent absinthe adding to the list of high quality American offerings. Well done, indeed. :cheers:

Hey gang, I'm having a tough time deciding between buying Meadow of Love or Walton Waters. Mind you I do indeed intend to try them both, but I cannot afford to purchase both at the moment. It seems that more people have tried Meadow than Walton so I Am leaning towards Walton. I realize that it comes down to personal preference but any suggestions would be appreciated. :cheers:

Both are indeed excellent, but I'd go with the less traditional MoL onacuz I'm hooked on that wonderful violet, and the extra hyssop.

Hey gang, I'm having a tough time deciding between buying Meadow of Love or Walton Waters.

I'm in a similar bind myself. Luckily, I've been able to swap for samples of both to make up my mind. I've already received a few ounces of Meadow from one of the gracious gentlemen above and it's fantastic. Very floral and spicy, with lots of good hyssop, a little citrus, and, of course, the beautiful patina of violet for which it's become justly famous. The wormwood and anise are there (I actually get a fair amount of tongue-tingling mintiness from this absinthe), but they take back seat. The WW should be arriving in a few days. My brain almost blows a fuse imagining how it could be any better, but I'm willing to give it a fair shake. ;)

I think the bottom line is: pick one; you can't go wrong.

Seeker, you can add me to the list of "they're both wonderful" campers, but Walton Waters edges Meadow out a bit for my tastes. It's considered more traditional, which I think makes it a little more accessible to new absinthe drinkers (like myself). But as stated by several people above, you really can't make a bad choice between the two.

Something wrong with the popcorn I'm eating?

Just be careful where you source the butter from.

Thanks for the feedback :cheers: Decisions decisions :twitchsmile: Cheryl you leave me with a tough call, but I'm sure I will be thanking you in the near future.

I Am also a butter lover though I prefer to toss my popcorn with thyme and rosemary. :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone for their support. I'm glad you're enjoying my creations as much as I'm enjoying making them. It's keeping me quite busy, which isn't a bad thing. Something about idle hands I think. :devil:

:cheers: