dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

I'm really thinking the Meadow of Love will be by next (and second-ever) Absinthe purchase... Is this in danger of becoming sold out at DUNY? Or is there enough to go around?

Thank you very much for your support.

afaik, orders are exceeding production capacity atm.

afaik, there will be enough as I'm continuing to make more. This is NOT a limited edition release, just that production capacity is limited.

It's good to be busy DP. I'm happy for you

I completely aggree. I think it's great that the US has new distilleries opening up on a regular basis now! And from what I've been reading on this website, they all seem to be making very respectable Absinthe. A lot of people have been waiting for this, for a long time. And it can't be bad for the economy either. :thumbup:

I'm really thinking the Meadow of Love will be by next (and second-ever) Absinthe purchase... Is this in danger of becoming sold out at DUNY? Or is there enough to go around?

Thank you very much for your support.

afaik, orders are exceeding production capacity atm.

afaik, there will be enough as I'm continuing to make more. This is NOT a limited edition release, just that production capacity is limited.

I guess after all these orders you can get yourself a bigger copper pot! :devil:

Tomorrow I travel to the Big Apple to make deliveries. Of course Astor Wine and Spirits gets a delivery. The Aroma Thyme Bistro in Ellenville, NY will be able to start serving Delaware Phoenix absinthes. I think Frankies 457 in Brooklyn will have a bottle or two in their bar by the end of the day. Either Wednesday or Thursday, Catskill Cellars Wine • Spirits in Downsville, NY will have a couple bottles. Ray's Fine Wines and Spirits in Delhi, NY will have a couple bottles on Thursday. Cave Mountain Brewing Company in Windham, NY will have a good stash on Friday.

There was some other place I was supposed to drop off some absinthe and I can't remember at all what it could be. :devil:

I know you folks won't be shy about your comments and that's a good thing. This will be pretty fresh absinthe. Know that the batch for these bottles was made in a 5 liter alembic. I think the results are decent. I drink this stuff. There are things I want to do in the next batches to make things better. Maybe I'll become the first ISO 9001 certified absinthe distillery. :devil:

With great trepidation I send my little bottles out into the cold, cruel world!

:cheers:

For people into this sort of thing, DelawarePhoenix is now on Twitter.

After I get back from my southern journey, I'll probably get set up on FaceBook too. Then I too will be able to have friends.

:cheers:

'Round here, FaceBook is little more than a nasty gossip service.

I think I'll pass on the tweetin', twatin' and facin'. The Forum works just fine.

I jumped on the Myspace train for a while and was hunted down by a lot of people I'd just assume forget. I fell off the grid for a reason. If I want to stay in contact with someone, I'll find you. For some reason, the whole premise of these types of sites seems childish to me.

I jumped on the Myspace train for a while and was hunted down by a lot of people I'd just assume forget. I fell off the grid for a reason. If I want to stay in contact with someone, I'll find you. For some reason, the whole premise of these types of sites seems childish to me.

I havent checked those accounts in almost a year , can't bother

I used to use myspace to upload songs that my band recorded...thats about it though ;)

Yeah, it seems like those sites are a necessary evil for musicians, which is kind of why I signed up there. Too bad I didn't sign up under a "band" account though! They wouldn't convert my account over so I just deleted it. It got phished, anyway, so I just bowed out.

I figured this was an ok place to have my happy gland exploded since it involves MoL and WW... My DUNY order just shipped!!! I got one of each DP offering, as well as a bottle of Vieux Carre... with the Pacifique I just received I'm in for one hell of a celebration!!!

Yeah, it seems like those sites are a necessary evil for musicians, which is kind of why I signed up there. Too bad I didn't sign up under a "band" account though! They wouldn't convert my account over so I just deleted it. It got phished, anyway, so I just bowed out.

you're a musician too?

I'm not real keen on the social networking sites. I've avoided them for much of the reasons mentioned above. However, as a business owner, it would be ill-advised on my part to assume that the absinthe forums would provide sufficient sales for sustained success.

When you run a business, there's things you have to do whether you like it or not.

Hope you like my absinthes pt447. I like these new batches. I hope you do too. afaik, this should clear up the order backlog and have some left over for the tasting event.

As I've progressed through all of the networking sites, I've found Facebook and LinkedIn to be the most professional-friendly sites. MySpace tends to lean more towards the tweener and teen demographic. Many of my business associates and even clients have Facebook pages. I've found it valuable to deepen those relationships.

I'm not real keen on the social networking sites. I've avoided them for much of the reasons mentioned above. However, as a business owner, it would be ill-advised on my part to assume that the absinthe forums would provide sufficient sales for sustained success.

When you run a business, there's things you have to do whether you like it or not.

Hope you like my absinthes pt447. I like these new batches. I hope you do too. afaik, this should clear up the order backlog and have some left over for the tasting event.

I'm so excited I'm actually sweating anticipation... yeah, that's gross! Which absinthe do you suggest I open right away? Only asking because I'd really love to keep one stored away for a while, but I don't know which one. I know it'll just come down to a blind grabbing after the ole' switcheroo.

As for the whole social networking thing... Myspace is so 5 years ago, and really only caters to tweens, pedophiles, and low-brow stalkers. Facebook really is a better site. It's more "adult" and user friendly, as well as rather clean and professional. Can't wait to add you as a friend :wub: