dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

Some orders will go out around April 3rd or so as I will be making a delivery then. But the orders exceed deliveries, so I get to keep making more! Yippee!

Thanks for your patience everyone. I'm making it as fast as I can right now. I don't have a big still, and quality is more important than quantity. :cheers:

Yes buddy Absomphe, this :wheelchair: is for you!

Thanks, Dakini, but I'd rather wait a bit longer for some Meadow of Love onacuz it looks and sounds so much sexier (mmm, violet :heart: ) than that old fart in the wheelchair! :twitchsmile:

But the orders exceed deliveries, so I get to keep making more! Yippee!

Thanks for your patience everyone. I'm making it as fast as I can right now. I don't have a big still, and quality is more important than quantity. :cheers:

And they'll keep coming in. I already have one pre-order in at DUNY. When that's in, the next order will definitely be yours!

Dammit! I gonna need a bigger liquor cabinet!

Dammit! I gonna need a bigger liquor cabinet!

I use a closet with shelves on three walls. Now, if I just had more than five bottles it'd really look like something.*devil grin*

No top ten for me. *sigh*

Oh boy. You know, my next bottle was going to be the Leopold Bros., but this Meadow of Love has caught my eye... has anyone got to try the DP's absinthes yet or are they not available to anyone right now? Man that is a nice color! And I've never heard of violet being used in Absinthe before. (It may be done, but I've never heard of it :P ) Stuff with out-of-the-ordinary herbs in it always peaks my interest...

You'd be surprised by the different herbs/flowers/plants used in some absinthes. Pretty neat stuff these people come up with.

I don't know where or if they're available anywhere yet. My order is in. I ordered the day they were announced. I just got the newsletter from DUNY today announcing them.

Have fun!

Congrats, Dakini! :cheers:

Out of curiosity: will WW and MoL be available at stores around the state in April or just from DUNY? I ask because I may be up in the Binghamton area next month; it'd be nice to pick up a few bottles then.

Around the state? Yee gads!

I have dinky sized alembics, and am only now really getting up to speed. Right now there's not enough to go around, and I have yet to even attempt development of the Binghamton market.

However, all is not lost friend AiO (begin voice of old timey snake oil salesgal or perhaps Daffy Duck). Yes indeedy! Fortunate consumer that you are, you, YES YOU!, have the grand opportunity to travel a mere hour to the east and visit the fine establishment that is the Delaware Phoenix Distillery and there! feast your eyes upon the delightful copper that makes these beverages, regaled by all (ok, maybe a few, rather a couple, enough! by me!!) And whereupon on your arrival you shall receive the grandiose distillery tour!

And you'll be able to purchase these absinthes at the incredible Breakey Liquors in downtown Walton.

So if you can make it, you'll probably find it worth your while to go the extra few miles if you can make the time. (ps I'll give you a sample of something, not available in stores! :fork:)

How far is Binghamton from Syracuse? Because I go up there on business on rare occasions and, if reasonably close, wouldn't hesitate to visit!

So if you can make it, you'll probably find it worth your while to go the extra few miles if you can make the time.

Thanks for the invite, DP. I hadn't realized Walton was so close to Binghamton! My trip up your way is not a sure thing yet, but if it happens, I'll surely make time for a visit. Can't wait to sample the fruits of your labor! :cheers:

Pics from the first bottling session for Walton Waters.

Filling the bottles and closing them with their bartop corks.

post-685-1238110130_thumb.jpg

Labeled and waiting the wax seal.

post-685-1238110142_thumb.jpg

All ready for the little boxes!

post-685-1238110155_thumb.jpg

Beautiful. I tried to get in on the initial DUNY pre-order, and my credit card got rejected. Turns out somebody had stolen my CC number and when my CC company saw a bunch of suspicious charges, they stopped the card. Replacement just arrived, I think I know how I want to break it in :pirate:

Very nice pix DP. I'm excited for you. I think it's terrific. I hope DUNY ships by first come first served. *devil grin*

The place looks nice. Neat and orderly and tasty green. *grin*

To your success, Cheers!

Thanks for posting the pix.

Absolutely beautiful, DP: the color of your Verte, the packaging, all of it.

What the guy who's absinthe should have won the gold said. :thumbup:

That really is a fantastic color. Now my only problem is which version to open and which one to stash away in the back of the closet for posterity...