dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

An absolute congratulations from just a state below! :bguitar:

I, for one, love the labels, though I was expecting to see your art involved. No matter. It's more what's inside that counts. And the fact that you're using thyme has really piqued my interest. It's recently become my favorite herb outside of sage!

I can't wait to get my hands on both of these products. I assure you I'll be first in line when ordering options become available!

Hope to see you in OC, MD!!! :cheers:

And the list of US absinthes just keeps getting better and better.

"Ya done good, kid."

For the PA folks, I know you may all be drinking nothing but Vieux Carré from now on, but I have checked into getting on their vendor list. It's costs a grand. Then I can be on their special order list. Don't know how long that will all take, but I'm investigating.

VA is another control state I'm looking into as setting up for special orders.

But thanks everyone. I really feel that a huge weight has been lifted from me. I know there's lots of work to do, but at least I won't be endlessly waiting on government.

Cheers to everyone, including all the Satan-worshippers and pirates among you!

:dev-cheers: :arrr: :cheers:

Good to hear you are thinking of VA, looking forward to trying another Stateside product.

I noticed Leopold chimed in, he successfully breached the VA ABC system, with some minor hiccups. I know we got a case at my local ABC store and although it took a month or so, we cleaned them out.

The Absente, Torment, Pernod, et.al. are all still there gathering dust, perhaps they'll get the hint.

For the PA folks, I know you may all be drinking nothing but Vieux Carré from now on, but I have checked into getting on their vendor list. It's costs a grand.

VC is good, but my palate requires variety. And from what I've heard about your prototypes, I expect it to rival (and possibly conquer) anything on the U.S. market right now. Please do check into it. There are a lot of WS members popping up from PA and I know we're all interested in your product.

Nice lookin' labels.

VA is free, DP. The only thing you have to do is register the product, and ship a couple of cases to Richmond via FedEx Ground. Email me and I'll send you the contact at the VABC.

Don't those "registration fees" suck? Tennessee is worse. It's $1,000 per product, per year, per REGION...and if I recall correctly, there's 20 or so "regions". Gotta like "good ol boy" (and I'm not referring to the South) politics.

Go get 'em DP! The best of success to you!

And most importantly, enjoy the ride!!!

VC is good, but my palate requires variety. And from what I've heard about your prototypes, I expect it to rival (and possibly conquer) anything on the U.S. market right now. Please do check into it. There are a lot of WS members popping up from PA and I know we're all interested in your product.

Definitely. And congratulations, DP! :cheers:

Tennessee is worse.

Tennessee suck major ass. I have two clients that moved to TN after we began working together. They both wanted to stay on as clients, as we had very good relationships. So, I had to register for my non-resident securities and insurance licenses to be able to service them. That runs me $120 per year. ON TOP of that, they charge a 'professional priviledge' fee for anyone who holds those licenses, regardless of how much money is actually made in TN. That runs another $400 per year. They are the only state that I know of that does that.

So, for two sets of clients, from whom I make approximately $600 per year before tax, I need to pay $520 per year. That's a bunch o' bullsheeeit.

I know we got a case at my local ABC store and although it took a month or so, we cleaned them out.

Just curious; is that the one near Ellwood and Thompson (that's where I got my bottle of Leopold), or is it available at other ABC stores? That one has more specialty products, but it would be nice to know that other ABC stores carry it if that's the case.

DP, I'm contacting DUNY to let them know I'm interested.

Time for da-bump!

Some photos from one of the first production runs.

The pot during warmup before the lid goes on.

post-685-1234827792_thumb.jpg

Absinthe distillate flowing into what's called a parrot and being measured by an alcoholmeter. From there into a 1 liter graduated cylinder. Why? Because I like to measure stuff when I'm starting with new equipment.

post-685-1234827804.jpg

Gonzo-Fury (the TTB registered name of the still and it's condenser) in all its "glory".

post-685-1234827817_thumb.jpg

I'll try and get some product photos up this weekend.

I'm not quite as regular with production as I want to be, but things are getting up to speed as I work through stuff. I'll get there I'm sure.

:laf: Gonzo-Fury! That's a wonderful name! Somehow I doubt the TTB would be cool with that as the name for an actual absinthe though. Today is a good day to be mentioning the word Gonzo. B)

Neat looking setup. I'd ask better questions but don't know where to start.

Kind of pretty and shiny. I just know that the product will be just as wonderful.

Yummy! Good luck DP.

Cheers!

Congrats DP! Another Pa guy here who can't wait to get his hands on a bottle of your absinthe. (Or a bottle of each in my hands or something like that.....) :cheers: :yahoo: :thumbup:

I hope I'm able to try your absinthe sometime (in the near future), DP. I know you probably don't have plans to get your product up here to Canada anytime soon, but I hopefully make enough trips to NY and MI. You and T are on the top of my list.

Fantastic news, DP! Though I've been checking in less frequently at the WS, it has been wonderful to see your hard work and tenacity paying off. I, like others above, have put in a good word with Kamal at DUNY about your distillery/absinthe. Hope it is on the shelves soon.

Love your pictures/set-up. Classic copper alembic, meet modern heating mantle. After meeting you at Oscar and Hissy's New Year's Eve event (a bit over a year ago), I had no doubt you were headed for success.

Thanks so much Auguru, that was a wonderful gathering. Perhaps we'll meet again...

I thought I'd post a picture of what I made today. This one came out ok, I think. At least it looks nice.

post-685-1237156063_thumb.jpg